6646efc602c77

6646efc6030bd
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Memory Of A Broken Dimension Read 9408 times  

6646efc60381a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxvrRXoUjJA

Not sure how to describe this game. For one thing, I wasn't able to get too far since I had a hard time seeing anything, and for another... hmmm... OK, this is too weird to explain. Just try it, download link is here --> http://datatragedy.com/MOABD_PrinceOfArcade.zip

If you don't know how to start, just type the following:
- remote
- voidscan
- dive

Steam release will come up here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=305638565
« Last Edit: 26. September 2015, 20:07:45 by Kolya »

6646efc603bfdRocketMan

6646efc603c73
My attempt didn't look like the video... I dunno if this works the same on all cards.  Basically I had an extremely unclear scene in front of me and scanlines slowly tracing vertically.  Every so often I'd see a sliver of clear images in front of me that would quickly disappear.  I was able to proceed from the first room but after that it got so confusing and the solids were so hard to detect I couldn't go on.  I have a feeling it's not supposed to be that way though.
6646efc603e9d
After loading the various virtual programs I landed in a box room with a dark anomaly in the middle that stretched to one side. The part in the middle I could walk through, but the more cube like part that touched one of the sides of the room seemed to be solid.
I walked and jumped around, shot at everything and then gave up, because I couldn't see a way to leave this sector ("OXYTRN").
Back in the console like game interface I tried various ways to exit/quit/close the program. Nothing really worked and I had to close it by alt-tabbing out of it eventually.

From the little I've seen it seems to be a game about orientating yourself amidst a lot of distortion effects. Reminds me of the game "Feign" by Ian Snyder that we have in the skypager sidebar here. The sounds are pretty well done too.

6646efc603f7bRocketMan

6646efc603fcf
If it rendered correctly I could see it being a really fun game. Problem is, I don't think it shows up as intended on my machine so it was like pulling teeth just getting up on the first walkway, which I did do eventually.  Feign is awesome btw... the music is great
6646efc6040e1
Just note that Feign plays tricks on you. It tells you to collect 9 bodies but it doesn't say which.
6646efc60438a
Well I couldn't make out much either, but lowering the settings to "good" seemed to improve it a bit.

My bigger problem is that the mouselook is not inverted which makes my head hurt and feeling me all dizzy, so I had to stop after about 10 minutes.

6646efc604436RocketMan

6646efc604486
? You mean you play FPS games with flight style controls?

6646efc604629RocketMan

6646efc60467c
Oh ok.  Actually does make sense.. I suppose I've just been conditioned to think up = up for FPS and DN = UP for flight sims.
6646efc6047c5
Well for FPS with up going to look down felt more natural.
When I move my upper body or head forward I look down, not up.

Hmmm... this might be the case why I get confused with FPS setups like that. For me it's not mouse up but forward :o

But this gets me in trouble regulary because there is always some game which doesn't support inverting the axis. Especially on consoles.

6646efc6048a4RocketMan

6646efc6048f8
The way I think of it, I always use a joystick for flight sims so in that case you're rotating the stick in the same way that the plane pitches down.  The movements are the same.  I never use a joystick for FPS so in that case, moving the mouse forward feels more like UP to me since it's purely translation.
6646efc604a5b
Okay, so basically you have to go to a grey marker line where you will hear a sound and a part of the black anomaly will light up. Shoot it from there and it will solidify. Oh and you can walk through walls, which puts you at the other end of the room in the beginning but later you can walk into different rooms it seems.

6646efc604b20RocketMan

6646efc604b7f
That's how far I got.  I was able to visit 3 or 4 unique rooms and solidify everything in them but beyond that, it was way too frustrating to continue
6646efc604c8a
Yeah, I wonder if anything else happens in the game, besides petrifying the noise. Which is really cool to look at, but not much fun to play.

6646efc604d2dRocketMan

6646efc604d85
Have you ever played The Void?  Both games have a similar feel to them although the gameplay is quite different.
6646efc604e8b
I played The Void, although never finished it, somehow I have forgotten that I started it.... hmmm.
But yeah, it's nice, good atmophere and stuff.

Damn you donor glyph!!
6646efc604fb3
After you start solidifying the pieces in the various rooms, there's one room with a ramp at the bottom that leads to a black square. That goes to another room where you end up on a platform off the ground that you hopefully solidified. It is basically following the path up to the top, tagging pieces so they solidify, and then the game ends.
6646efc60510d
Hey if you would like to see First impressions / Walkthrough (intro) I would be very grateful if you did. Plus I do a new crazy indie game each day if you are interested thank you for your time.

Broken Dimension video:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/scary-gardener-tales-3d/downloads/scary-gardener-tales-3d-windows-version
6646efc605309
It's just this type of game that's a lot about reflection, I guess. For you this started with typing "go fuck yourself" into a DOS prompt and ended with the assumption that the creator was a sadistic asshole. My own experience was different. Not more valid, just different.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

A familiar door code with 3 digits:
1 Guest is here.
on a dreamy day, I am drifting around
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6646efc60561e