6645c0fab2424

6645c0fab29c6
1 Guest is here.

Topic: The Topic Of Fail Read 14812 times  

6645c0fab30c6voodoo47

6645c0fab3138
ok, time to stop piggybacking on (un)funny SS2 videos and set a dedicated topic up for all the gaming things of so much fail, that they need to be pointed out and laughed at (or cried about).

so, Bethesda for the win (of fail)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh7nZ9t2eJA
« Last Edit: 27. July 2019, 07:19:35 by voodoo47 »

6645c0fab3286icemann

6645c0fab32e0
That's just terrible. Bethesda needs to keep their hands away from games they didn't develop.

Oh god that music sounds horrible. Why in the world did they port the game to Unity, when there is great source ports already out there?

6645c0fab33aevoodoo47

6645c0fab343f
woah, Ion Fury (and its rating) is getting pounded on GOG (and on steam as well, I'd assume) because of the upcoming censor patch that's supposed to make all The Perpetually Offended happy (which is, by definition, an exercise in futility).
« Last Edit: 22. August 2019, 07:53:37 by voodoo47 »

6645c0fab3571ZylonBane

6645c0fab35ca
So far I've only managed to find references to two things they're removing from the game-- the "OGAY" bottles, and some dev message that you can only see by clipping out of the map. Is that all that people are outraged about them patching out?

6645c0fab3699voodoo47

6645c0fab36eb
yeah, that seems to be the case. it's still censorship, which is never good, but it's not something people should be trying to nuke the ratings over for, I'd say.

I miss the times when we could just play the games and laugh at dumb stuff.

6645c0fab37ceZylonBane

6645c0fab381f
Is it really censorship if it's something that never should have been in the game in the first place? Even the original Duke Nukem 3D, back in the politically incorrect 90s, didn't have anything like that (that I can remember). Its out-of-bound messages were things like "HOW DID YOU GET HERE?", not this "fagbag" gibberish. Sounds like the developers are a bunch of edgelords.
Acknowledged by: Kolya

6645c0fab38d1voodoo47

6645c0fab3928
it fits the definition.

anyway, I don't think one hidden dumb word and one item with a joke label that perhaps is not that funny should be a reason for everyone to go nuts. it's not helping anything.

6645c0fab3c05icemann

6645c0fab3c5c
Is it really censorship if it's something that never should have been in the game in the first place? Even the original Duke Nukem 3D, back in the politically incorrect 90s, didn't have anything like that (that I can remember). Its out-of-bound messages were things like "HOW DID YOU GET HERE?", not this "fagbag" gibberish. Sounds like the developers are a bunch of edgelords.

I've had people argue that deleted scene content from movies is valid canon for a franchise (which I completely disagree on). So been there done that.
« Last Edit: 22. August 2019, 09:45:56 by icemann »

6645c0fab3d7dvoodoo47

6645c0fab3dcd
well, looks like they won't be censoring anything after all. which is, as far as I can tell, the smartest thing to do, if you want to minimize the negative impact of the whole situation on your sales - your actual customers, i.e. the people that give you money in exchange for your product, is THE group you should NOT be pissing off, whatever you do/don't do, and whatever all the other groups want/wish for. the path of the least fail, if you will.

and I would rather have my corporations greedy than virtuous - makes them more predictable.
« Last Edit: 26. August 2019, 20:07:15 by voodoo47 »

6645c0fab3f4dvoodoo47

6645c0fab3fa9
aand it looks like the FF8 source port is getting similar treatment.

ok, not that kind of treatment, but skirts will be longer, shirts less revealing and stuff like that. we don't want them kids to go all crazy from seeing too much skin colored pixels on a polygon boob, now do we.

still buying this for a relative who loved to play the game when we were younger once it's out - while undeniably stupid, I doubt he'll even notice. but can't say I like this too much - it might be just small bits here and there now, but you know, "we are happy with how things are, our job is done" said no censor/puritan/moralist ever..

6645c0fab41a0voodoo47

6645c0fab41ee
welp, looks like the Diablo Immortal debacle was not enough - Blizzard, you really are a glutton for punishment this year. just punch "Blitzchung Blizzard" into youtube search to get coverage from your favorite gaming news channel.

I would seriously love to ask their "lets go with this, I'm absolutely sure there will be no backlash" people just what the hell are they thinking..
6645c0fab4385
I'm fairly sure that Blizzard allowed for various very shady operations over the years, just like Facebook. I'm thinking of massive surveillance operations (because terrorists were said to use WoW chats for communications), organised chinese goldfarming, various social experiments etc.. They lost their innocence a long time ago, if you ask me.
« Last Edit: 12. October 2019, 19:29:43 by fox »

6645c0fab44a6voodoo47

6645c0fab44f6
yeah, lets not pretend there is a big guy out there who isn't an asshole - that kind of naïveté doesn't belong to a forum where the average age is around fifty (which is like 65 million years in IT time).

6645c0fab467aNameless Voice

6645c0fab46c9
The amount of backlash is impressive, I must say.

Even the incredibly toxic pcgaming subreddit has been completely taken over by threads criticising Epic and trying to organise boycotts and protests at BlizzCon.  There isn't even a single hate-thread on Epic Games on the front page.
(Though I think a large part of that is that the story involves the Chinese Government, and this gives them a legitimate excuse to spread their usual hatred of Chinese people without appearing to be racists, based on how often they like to say that companies such as Epic Games are evil because they are partially funded by Chinese megacorp Tencent.)

6645c0fab47a0icemann

6645c0fab47f9
Well my opinion of the Chinese government is quite low. They sanction mass hacking attacks on various other governments and organizations, then feign ignorance and take offense when accused of it (even when there is direct proof of it). Their actions regarding Hong Kong and anyone who sides with the protesters has been completely disgusting.

Their use of threats of removing funding as a means of exerting their influence into democratic nations is quite concerning.
6645c0fab4c52
The amount of backlash is impressive, I must say.

Even the incredibly toxic pcgaming subreddit has been completely taken over by threads criticising Epic and trying to organise boycotts and protests at BlizzCon.  There isn't even a single hate-thread on Epic Games on the front page.
(Though I think a large part of that is that the story involves the Chinese Government, and this gives them a legitimate excuse to spread their usual hatred of Chinese people without appearing to be racists, based on how often they like to say that companies such as Epic Games are evil because they are partially funded by Chinese megacorp Tencent.)

Good point. These gamers pay a lot of money to create a virtual space where they set the rules. If anyone else intrudes on that domain - be it feminists or the Chinese government - they react highly aggressive. Not least because IRL they are a powerless, dispersed, belittled minority.

6645c0fab4ee3icemann

6645c0fab4f3f
I hate what they've done to Fallout. Game is a shadow of it's former self. Tell that to the E3 crowd though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1zRA7GdMNI

Front row just loved everything they put out, regardless of quality. Fallout 76 had a horrible launch, was buggy as hell, no npcs, no conversation choices that lead to different outcomes, nothing. And yet some people just love them to death. I don't get it.

Last semi decent Fallout, was Fallout Shelter. That was fun.

6645c0fab512fvoodoo47

6645c0fab517f
and the Fallout 76 saga continues. this game will make it to some history/lecture book under "prime example of how to not do shit in the gaming industry", I'm sure.

6645c0fab520cZylonBane

6645c0fab525a
We're linking to YouTube for news now?

6645c0fab52fbvoodoo47

6645c0fab53b5
no intention really, it's just where I stumbled upon the (last two bits of F76) information (and was perhaps too lazy to embed one particular video).
« Last Edit: 02. November 2019, 22:53:50 by voodoo47 »
6645c0fab582e
We're linking to YouTube for news now?
As opposed to what? A gaming """journalism""" website?
Acknowledged by: Starspawn

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

An evil mega-corporation with 3 branches:
1 Guest is here.
0149 from angie: im in! join up!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6645c0fab8e15