66451b8c064f7

66451b8c06c30
1 Guest is here.

66451b8c07102notaavatar

66451b8c07196
So in the part of deck 6 after you get the tram ride, I think there is a big chunk of the level missing.

When you see Rebbeca and Tommy running away from the rumbler, it makes no sense.

So you see them walk out of the area where there is a camera, a trash can and a surgical bed. And then they run from a rumbler that growls.

So what the hell is going on here? The only explanation is that the rumbler literally squished itself into the alcove where the trash can was, fell asleep, then woke up shortly after they used the surgical bed on thomas, and they failed to notice the gigantic rumbler snoring near them.

I find it hard to believe that this chain of events occurred. I think there should be another sector for dec 6. I think adding this area would be cannon to the game because right now it just don't make sense.

66451b8c077c8notaavatar

66451b8c07824
I think the most logical thing that would be the location of the ships communications/radar/intelligence crap. Engineering is like the engine room for power and operations seems like a big voltage regulator and control system for engineering and the FTL related systems, which seem very complicated and rupe goldberg.

Hydropodnics is for food and recreation is for the crew.

You would imagine command deck would have the following systems, and they would not be placed on other decks, because they are absolutely critical for running the ship.

1) networking for the ship. If they are command it would have like a super server room that just controls all the stuff on the ship

2) radar/antenna/detector systems (very critical). This is both for navigation, precise determination of location, avoidance of collisions and also scientific equipment used for study like cameras, radiation sensors, cosmic study, particle detectors.. nasa science stuff. All the antenna equipment would need to be serviceable. You would imagine they would have a location where you can go outside of the ship to repair systems (broke antenna) , a stock room of parts (amplifiers), a maintence area for high complicated sensors and receivers (not power systems used to power the ship, which would be in engineering). This would be highly specialized because its all built completely different and not like anything used for power generation. Big microwave and optics lab.

3) communications - some of it falls under #2 but there would be a great amount of very reliable and specific communications equipment there to facilitate communication with earth, remote probes and shuttles and also facilitate communication with the alien race they presumably think they will meet for first contact. They have no idea how to communicate with alien species, so you would think it covers the entire electromagnetic spectrum and particles from neutrino semaphores to extremely low frequency communications (i.e. have the capability of deploying a 2 mile long rope antenna behind the ship to generate very low frequency waves, generating various particles (i.e. neutrino communications).

maybe this one is a separate deck that is missing from the game:

4) probes/satellites. you would imagine the VB would have the capability to launch a bunch of satellites, relays, beacons, etc. Drop beacons as it travels to make a bridge to earth (huge satilities with their own reactors), launch smaller scientific satellites to orbit interesting planets and deep space probes to branch out its capabilities). This would basically be like having a NASA satellite factory on board. Some of these sats could be huge (easily 40 meter wide). Also they are sensitive so you don't want those electronics to be found on the engineering deck (i.e. boiler room) that is likely a dangerous mess for sensitive space technology. It would need its own sterile and posh 'hanger' for deploying them. You don't want this hardware around idiot geologists and exobiologists that are likely to use the engineering shuttle bay. These types of people are typically banned from highly sensitive electronics areas. So are boiler operators.  But typically this stuff is so expensive and fragile you only trust high ranking people to be around them.

Med/sci seems very clearly to be a place to study SAMPLES and data. I don't think they do the technical work of actually getting the stuff.

I feel like we only get 50% of what would be on a star ship like the VB.

But the rumbler in command really stands out.

66451b8c079c9notaavatar

66451b8c07a19
i like what you added to the discussion there

66451b8c07c11notaavatar

66451b8c07c5f
the other part that is damn sparse is pod 2 of the rickenbacker. its basically nothing. a few hallways really.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

The deck number where you shall meet Dr. Janice Polito:
1 Guest is here.
I really support you doing this.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66451b8c07d9f