🔒 Curious how the SCP is coming along!

1 Guest is here.
663371254431b
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by Join usss!:
Hmm, wait. Were you reffering to the film or the "urban" definition:
Rain Main: Nickname of a character in the movie Rain Man, who obsesses over meaningless repetitive actions to the point that he throws screaming tantrums when denied them.
663371254468b
Join2Quote

Quote by ZylonBane:
Rain Main: Nickname of a character in the movie Rain Man, who obsesses over meaningless repetitive actions to the point that he throws screaming tantrums when denied them.

Whoops. It seems I have a tendency to insult people I sorta like after failing to analyze their posts properly. You seem to be a lot nicer and reasonable of late too.

I am the new Shock community boogyman now.

In all seriousness I can only apologize....sorry.

Meaningless actions? No, you're wrong and I explained why before.

Also, there have been no tantrums. Not even close. If you look back at our previous discussion I attempted to debate with and convice you why this mechanic should stay....and I failed, apparently.
Not a problem.
66337125447a3
DizzyQuote
Are tensions high? If so, I have never noticed.

People should just support each other, that is what a community should be.
If someone wants a change in the game, then they should make that change themselves.

:thumb:
KolyaQuote
I'm looking forward to it! Some before/after screenshots would be nice in the meantime, with a small info what you did in the place shown. And perhaps some general stats, like how many bugs of which type you fixed, etc. Get the hypemachine running! ;)
6633712544a9c
voodoo47Quote
there were hundreds, if not thousands of fixes to texture alignments, object locations, sound propagation areas, etc. the short wip readme:

Code:
==================
Shock Community Patch
==================

Shock Community Patch (SCP) is a general bugfix mod/patch for System Shock2. It picks up right where ADaoB has left, fixing even more anomalies, disrepanciens and oughtright bugs, and also making use of some of the new features that have been added by the NewDark engine update. And, unlike ADaoB, it tries to stay as close to the original gameplay as possible, only fixing what was broken, and not changing the game mechanics. Therefore, it can be recommended to both veterans and first-time players alike. Short list of improvements, fixes and features:

-many fixes and tweaks to textures, level geometry, objects, sounds, physics and more
-previously broken gamesys functionality restored
-levels have been relit using 32-bit lighting ("soft" shadows from the SS2 NewDark demo)
-improved particle systems (sparks, smoke, water drops)
-improved animated lights
-stays true to the vanilla gameplay (no changes to the core game mechanics)

This patch is meant to be used together with the latest NewDark version of the SHTUP mod, which fixes and improves many object textures. While you can use SCP without SHTUP, this is not recommended, as some texture fixes are SHTUP exclusive. Other resource mods (world texture, mesh, sound etc) are optional.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact