🔒 Curious how the SCP is coming along!

1 Guest is here.
6646ced0725d1
Briareos HQuote
Wait, what's this discussion about inventories, do you mean you can't loot hybrids anymore?
Besides that detail, I can't wait for the patch but... I'll miss this feature.
6646ced0727a0
KolyaQuote
You can still loot hybrids and have to. Their 1-2 shot ammunition will now be found inside their inventory instead of their shotgun. This keeps you from having to place the shotgun in your (probably too full) inventory and unloading it there. A THOUSAND TIMES.
This was one of the most universally hailed changes in ADaoB and also made it into SCP, despite vocal objections from one or two fundamentalists. A discussion that we have fortunately left behind us, to focus instead on the concentrated awesomeness that will be SCP. ;)
Acknowledged by: Briareos H
6646ced07284f
Briareos HQuote
That's super cool.
6646ced0729cc
voodoo47Quote
purists cannot be pleased. but then again, anomaly/bugfix/discrepancy mods such as SCP are not meant for purists, but for people who just want to play nicely, smoothly, and enjoy the game as much as possible.

as I've said a couple of times on TTLG, a purist should play the game unmodded on 1GHz p3 cpu based machine with win98se, a 3Dfx Voodoo2, and a 4:3 CRT monitor. that's the way one can enjoy all the original anomalies, disrepancies, and outright bugs to the fullest - no pun intended, a trip to the past can be highly educative, but lets face it, most players are not looking for that.
6646ced072b4b
Join2Quote
....The unloading is not a bug, anomaly or discrepancy. It is a flawed game mechanic that should be improved rather than removed.
This is not purist talk, but rather design perfectionist talk. I am not a purist.
I am also not a rainman, even though I am focusing on this one minor mechanic. I just feel that some are missing the point.

I really do apologize for polluting the thread with my BS, but that had to be cleared up.

Thank you for SCP, a bug fix/going over of the game with a fine-tooth comb is work suitable for a "design perfectionist". Even if I haven't had hands-on time yet, I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome :awesome:

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact