664878dcd21b1

664878dcd26a5
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Silver's Bioshock mod Version 7.2 Alpha
Page: « 1 ... 11 [12] 13 14 »
Read 85329 times  

664878dcd310d
I play on survival and when I started the game and reload my save, it was back on Hard difficulty.

Ok, that, I see. That didn't happened to me.
664878dcd338a
Also, in Weapons.ini, I couldn't figure out what to edit.

I just want Splicers to be much stronger so there's more of a reason to research them. How can I also make it so I take more damage?

Every enemy has has some values in that file. I guess you just need to find splicer and change those values. But I don't know exactly how it work abd the way you should change those values.

664878dcd35eaJerkakame

664878dcd363d
Every enemy has has some values in that file. I guess you just need to find splicer and change those values. But I don't know exactly how it work abd the way you should change those values.

The resistances are for different sources of damage, damages starting with AI is against AI, so the player resistances have only normal ones and no AI.

1.0 means 100% damage, and anti-personell does 6 time more damage, 6.0.

So if you want tougher enemies you must put the resistances lower. I modified it so everyone has 0.5, or half other piercing. So it feels like the enemies have twice the health.
664878dcd377b
Thanks for the mod Silver, and thanks Jerkakame for the fixes. I'm having a lot of fun with this.

But I was wondering if it's possible to fix telekinesis so that it does less damage or requires more Eve? It feels a bit cheap to be able to kill splicers instantly with just a sliver of Eve cost.
664878dcd3b56
The resistances are for different sources of damage, damages starting with AI is against AI, so the player resistances have only normal ones and no AI.

So if you want tougher enemies you must put the resistances lower. I modified it so everyone has 0.5, or half other piercing. So it feels like the enemies have twice the health.
When you mention the entries that start with AI, I notice that changing them in the BioShock 2 DamageSets.ini doesn't change anything when I damage them. I mention this because all the entries you'd think would affect your damage towards them (i.e. the ones not starting with AI) are all set to 0 which implies full resistance. Any thoughts on that?

I just can't get enemy resistance down in the BioShock 2 difficulty mod. Not sure what to do.
664878dcd3eb2

Thanks for the tip. Actually I don't need to change anything. I'm at Arcadia now and enemies are really really tough.
664878dcd4004
New patch seem to have re-added configini.ibf and localizedint.lbf.

May need to re-install the mod.

664878dcd4180xPYROxJONESx

664878dcd41d3
I love your work silver thank you so much! it made bioshock my favorite game.. after i finish my exams this year i plan to unwind the same way i did when i passed my GCSE's, by completing all three bioshock's starting with bioshock (using your mod, its no fun without it now). I've got the remastered edition & have read from this forum that your mod does work with it (with a little tweaking). the link to the fix's someone provided (a page or two ago) has expired but if someone could summarize what i need to do to get this mod in ship shape then i would be so grateful. if not then i guess the hacking begins before i take the plunge to rapture.. Im sure i'd figure out how to put it together eventually, i love this game/mod to much to fail. thank you and keep up the good work!

664878dcd45dbWrench Jockey

664878dcd4641
I put together a all in one pack for remastered.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67913357/bioshock%20silver%20mod%20-%20remastered%20fix.zip

remastered gui.ini
It has the 1.1 plasmid/tonics fixed
the medical pavilion med station crash fixed
added the Survival (Extreme) stuff in difficulty.ini
fixed Launcher damage upgrade

Also fixed in weapons.ini:  [EngineeringElectricMeleehTugResistanceSet] to [EngineeringElectricMeleeThugResistanceSet]

Link is dead :(

664878dcd4712xxPYROxxJONESx

664878dcd4776
Sad Times. will we ever play Bioshock again? will the link ever be restored. come back next time ( in couple months, with ya fingers crossed) to find out!

664878dcd481exxPYROxxJONESx

664878dcd486b
Please fix the link im dying to try this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you
664878dcd4acf
Jerkakame seems to be gone and one else here seems to have his particular version.
Of course you can still play with the latest version by psikoticsilver who originally created this mod (see the first post).
And if you look at his files with an editor and compare them to the original game files you might be able to redo some of the changes Jerkakame did, or even make your own fixes.

664878dcd4c0dxxPYROxxJONESx

664878dcd4c5e
yeah, i will try and fix it eventually. very pre-occupied with my A-levels atm tho. I'm a total novice in regards to the work required to fix his mod, but im sure im capable enough if i dedicate some time to it. waiting for TTW for FNV first tho (as im quite confident with this aspect of modding). would be nice if i could just pick up and play BS1 tho. I'm hoping someone with the mod will make it available tbh. if it never turns up u can probably expect to see a fixed version show up here next year. hopefully someone will share a way for me to upload it for everyone without fear of the link breaking; because i know once ive fixed it and uploaded it and completed the game it will be few years before i play the game again, and ill probably forget about keeping an eye on the link in that time.
664878dcd4d69
You can attach files to your post. A moderator will remove the expire date if it's found useful.

664878dcd4eb9Jerkakame

664878dcd4f10
Heyyo

I check this thread sometimes to see if Silver has updated it.

Dropbox changed the public share links thingy a while ago so all old links died.

Heres the new link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tu37xss1bilimn/bioshock%20silver%20mod%20-%20remastered%20fix.zip?dl=0

and a Mediafire mirror incase something happens again

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dlizucp3u9o1xnt/bioshock%20silver%20mod%20-%20remastered%20fix.zip

664878dcd50f3xxPYROxxJONESx

664878dcd5146
U man, R a damn Hero! nay, a legend even!
664878dcd52af
So Jerk's link works for BioShock Remastered?

664878dcd53bcxxPYROxxJONESx

664878dcd5411
I think so, definitely works enough to play the game that's for sure! I'm going to re-read through the forum to see how the installation works with remastered. I forgot to read the installation instructions back at the beginning (waited so long for this to be reposted xD). and even without following them the mod was definitely affecting things. but i think i might have been missing a few features/ the features weren't working correctly. its been so long since I played the original I cant tell if its 100% working. i'll post any relavent instructions fresh here at the bottom.

664878dcd54c9xxPYROxxJONESx

664878dcd5519
OK, I've reread the forum. from 2016 onwards. and I've come to the conclusion that you install it using the instructions from the first post.
664878dcd5617
Which alpha version does Jerk's link contain? I remember 7.2 being quite easy compared to earlier versions.

664878dcd56faxxPYROxxJONESx

664878dcd5750
no idea! but i feel like its probably 7.2 because after i picked up a couple of hacking tonics hacking became incredibly easy. like, with fresh hands it took many attempts to hack anything... now assuming i am high enough level to hack it, i tend to hack it first try. part of me did wonder whether picking up a tonic broke that part of the mod. but it could just be 7.2 being to easy... when i have more tonics ill experiment around to see if something massive is changing or whether i just have really good tonics.
664878dcd59ec
First of all, I want to thanks everyone work on this mod. It brings back this game to its roots as much as possible without proper tools. It gives me joy to play again and again :).
Secondly, There is some little bugs I encountered. If anyone want to fix it, I am posting in here. They aren't so game breaking but annoying at most :). Here I go:

1) While completing emp bomb if player leave level (Deck? :P) and come back EMP Bomb mission never completed and keep saying "Pickup completed EMP Bomb" even after mission and level finished.

2) Save files can't get time stamp and level name. Instead of this: "2018-05-31  Arcadia (Autosave)" it stamp place holders and level's file name: "DATE.FORMAT 1-MedicialDeck"

3) When in Arcadia and start pumping lazarus vector, You go back and close enterance door. But when you hit switch it also look the tunnel door which lead to lab and pump and that makes quest little useless. All you have to do hide somewhere near locked tunnel door and wait spicers coming. If they manage to pass all security you hacked they still stuck at front of door and trying push it even if you hit them. After all spicers stuck all you need throw 1 ox tube and boom (anyone order extra crispy spicers?).
You can clean all waves like that.

Lastly, I want to add a suggestion; If someone going to fix them can it remove that stupid money limit? (if possible) Instead of spending it mindlessly because its full I really want to collect until I need it REALLY need it. With all these changes 500 buck very low limit. (You can't even buy 5 buck of anti-personel ammo).

Well if anything comes up I will add them here later too. Thanks for everyone for reading this.

664878dcd5e20ThiefsieFool

664878dcd5e79
You can remove all the stack limits for money and other items with console commands.
But mods that are based on console commands are awkward because there's no easy way to rerun the commands after their effects run out when you load a new level, you have to press a key or something after every reload / new map. It's why I haven't released my mod yet, it's too user unfriendly.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI in System Shock 2 that shares its name with a Persian king:
1 Guest is here.
In the end, she's so cool she'll frost up your earbuds.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664878dcd5fa6