66339dff84d45

66339dff853b3
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 weapons list Read 55630 times  

66339dff86c00
Tags: °weapon °SS2
You can access some of this information within the game by Ctrl-clicking weapons or other objects in your inventory or using the question mark button.

Wrench

{alt}

A multi-purpose tool generally used for engineering purposes.  However, it makes an effective makeshift weapon. "When you hit someone over the head with 22 pounds of steel, they tend not to appreciate it" - Taz Amanpour, VB Maintenance Crew. The wrench does not require any weapons skill to use.

BlackOps PSI-Amp

{alt}

Developed by Esper Industries, a critical branch of TriOps military
R&D division, this controversial device allows psionically able individuals to amplify and project their powers into the world. Before the development of the Psi Amp, Psi powers were mostly only detectable in a lab environment. The Amp contains and inhibits the normal diffusion problems inherent in Psi phenomena. The amp also allows the user to effectively channel their innate Psi powers to a number of proscribed effects. This device caused a furor in the Psi community, primarily because of its obvious military applications, but also because of the Amps tendency to define Psionic "disciplines" along a few specific (and generally utilitarian) axes.

Pistol

{alt}

Developed by TriOptimum's military division, the Talon M2A3 .45 caliber pistol is a standard issue sidearm provided to all UNN military personnel. After 23 years in service, the weapon has been designed to accept a number of kinds of ammunition, including the standard steel-jacketed rounds, uranium tipped armor piercing rounds and even a slug injected with a compressed napalm mixture.

Skill Requirement: 1 Standard Weapons
Base damage (Standard Rounds): 4 Standard Impact
Base damage (Armour Piercing Rounds): 4 Armour Piercing
Base damage (Anti-Personnel Rounds): 4 High Explosive
Clip size: 12
Firing rate: 500ms / 700ms (burst)

First modification:
- Add 12 to clip size
- Multiply damage by 1.10
Second modification:
- Divide reload time by 3
- Multiply damage by 1.14

Shotgun

{alt}

The shotgun requires a Standard Weapons skill of 3 in order to use. Both modifications to the shotgun increase damage - the first also reduces reload time, while the second reduces kickback. Shotguns in the military had generally gone out of favor until TriOp consumer division introduced a handheld version of this 10 gauge monster. While it works like a traditional (albeit incredibly deadly) shotgun, this magazine loaded behemoth also supports a triple load shot, which has been known to split its victims in two. A few months after its introduction, its popularity with hunters and other weapons enthusiasts prompted a large scale purchase of the guns by the UNN military.

Skill Requirement: 3 Standard Weapons
Base damage (Rifled Slugs): 8 Standard Impact
Base damage (Rifled Slug, Triple Shot): 16 Standard Impact
Base damage (Anti-personnel shells): 6x1 High Explosive
Base damage (Anti-personnel shells, Triple Shot): 6x2 High Explosive
Ammo usage: 1
Ammo usage (Triple shot): 3
Clip size: 12
Firing rate: 1000ms

First modification:
- Multiply damage by 1.10
Second modification:
- Reduce kickback by 3 (divide all kickback amounts by 3)
- Reduce jolt by 3 (divide all jolt amounts by 3)

Assault Rifle

{alt}

The assault rifle requires a strength of 2 and a Standard Weapons skill of 6 in order to use. Uses the same ammunition as a Pistol, but has a bigger clip and does 25% more damage. Both modifications to the Assault Rifle increase the damage - the first mod reduces reload time, and the second mod increases the clip size. Well-loved by grunts everywhere, the M-22 Assault Rifle is a good entry into the world of automatic rifles. Rapid-fire keeps vulnerable enemies down and the single shot mode is good for accuracy. Armor penetration and damage potential are both moderate. When used for heavy automatic fire, the aim point tends to wander fairly far. The design by committee nature of the unit, however, has led to some questions regarding its reliability. "When the rail launcher rounds were spent, when the auto-mines were bypassed, when the neuron acceleration field was neutralized, the men still had their M-22's and their gunpowder. And, by God, they used them to good effect." - Capt. Edward Diego, commenting on the defense of Boston Harbor.

First modification:
- Multiply damage by 1.1
Second modification:
- Increase clip size by 36

Laser Pistol

{alt}

The laser pistol requires an Energy Weapons skill of 1. The first modification to this weapon increases the energy capacity, while the second reduces the energy consumption - both modifications increase the damage. The deadlier cousin of the Sparq Pistol, the Apollo H4 Laser Pistol relies on refracted light instead of electricity to damage its target. While it has a fairly large battery, the weapon must be replenished at a recharge station. The overcharge setting can be used to get out of a tight spot, but puts an inordinate strain on the unit's energy supply.

First modification:
- Increase clip size by 50
- Multiply damage by 1.1
Second modification:
- Reduce ammo usage for normal shot to 2
- Reduce ammo usage for overload shot to 14

Laser Rapier

{alt}

A brutally effective melee weapon, the laser rapier requires an Agility of 3 and an Energy Weapons skill of 4 in order to use. Far more effective than the prototype model first developed on Citadel Station in 2072, the Mark IV laser rapier is a much more reliable piece of technology. The unit works by projecting a porous field of reflective material in a shaft shaped region around the base of the rapier. When the material is bent (as when the rapier strikes a target) the intense refracted light inside is released locally, causing intense burns to the target. "That's right, just like the one the Hacker used on Citadel Station! We're the only one in town who's got `em! Only 40 nanites!" - Street vendor selling Laser Rapier replicas in New Detroit.

Electro Magnetic Pulse Rifle

{alt}

The EMP rifle requires an Energy Weapons skill of 6. The first modification to this weapon increases its energy capacity, while the second increases the speed of a shot and reduces energy consumption. Additionally, both modifications increase the weapon's damage. "When the first atomic weapons were tested in the middle of the 20th century, it was noted that not only did the weapons themselves do catastrophic damage, the electro-magnetic pulse they released coincident with the blast effectively neutralized most electronic devices for miles. Once this pulse was isolated, one could cultivate its benefits without the unpleasantness inherent in a nuclear fireball." - Dr. Edward Chung, Chief Technological Officer, TriOptimum Research.

First modification:
- Increase clip size by 50
- Multiply damage by 1.1
Second modification:
- Multiply projectile speed by 1.5
- Divide ammo usage by 2

Grenade Launcher

{alt}

The grenade launcher requires a Heavy Weapons skill of 1 in order to use. The first modification to this weapon increases the clip size, while the second increases the speed of the grenades and reduces the reload time. Additionally, both modifications increase weapon damage. The TC-11 "Brick" can launch a wide variety of ordnance, from standard high-explosive, to proximity detection rounds, EMP, or white phosphorous incendiary. Creative souls have been know to jury rig other types of ammo. Unlike the earlier generations of launchers, The M-48 utilizes a reverse polarization magnetic launching mechanism instead of compressed gas.

First modification:
- Increase clip size by 3
- Increase damage multiplier by 1.00 (+100%)
Second modification:
- Multiply projectile speed by 1.5

Stasis Field Generator

{alt}

The stasis field generator requires a Strength of 3 and a Heavy Weapons skill of 3. The first modification increases the speed of the shot by 50%, while the second modification reduces ammo consumption. An experimental device, originally developed as an effective, non narcotic method to both tranquilize and immobilize patients undergoing major medical procedures. However, the military and security utility quickly became apparent to the TriOptimum executive corps. The generator can essentially freeze a target in place for a variable period of time. However, the stasis field uses a lot of power and its effect greatly decreases with distance.

First modification:
- Multiply projectile speed by 2
Second modification:
- Divide ammo usage by 2

Fusion Cannon

{alt}

The fusion cannon requires a Strength of 4 and a Heavy Weapons skill of 6. Both modifications will increase weapon damage. The first modification also increases clip size, and the second also reduces ammo consumption. "Early experimentation with atomic fusion yielded disappointing and potentially dangerous results. However, scientific tolerances were considerably lower in the UNN military specifications, so TriOp rushed headlong into production on these god-forsaken devices. Is fusion weaponry incredibly powerful? Of course it is. What is its long-term environmental impact? I have absolutely no idea." - Dr. Marie Delacroix, VB Chief Engineer.

First modification:
- Increase clip size by 40
- Multiply damage by 1.1
Second modification:
- Divide ammo usage by 2

Crystal Shard

{alt}

A very dangerous hand-to-hand weapon. It requires an Exotic Weapons skill of 1 in order to wield. The crystal's amazing sharpness makes it a very dangerous hand-to-hand weapon.

Viral Proliferator

{alt}

The viral proliferator requires an Exotic Weapons skill of 4. The first modification to this weapon increases the clip size, while the second reduces the ammo usage. Both modifications also increase weapon damage. This weapon releases a host of anti-annelid virus in an explosive radius. The virus can be tailored to affect pure annelids, or humans and human/annelid hybrids. Press and hold down the trigger to fire - when you release the trigger, the viral payload will detonate. Don't let it detonate too close to you when it's set to affect humans!

First modification:
- Increase clip size by 10
- Multiply damage by 1.1
Second modification:
- Divide ammo usage by 2

Annelid Worm Launcher

{alt}

The annelid launcher requires a Strength of 3, an Agilty of 3, and an Exotic Weapons skill of 6. The first modification to this device increases the clip size, while the second doubles projectile speed. Additionally, both modifications increase weapon damage. This device uses annelid worms for ammunition, which must be collected in beakers. The weapon may be set to damage either pure annelid creatures, or human/hybrid creatures.

First modification:
- Increase clip size by 10
- Multiply damage by 1.1
Second modification:
- Multiply projectile speed by 2

This information has been gathered by Adam from timmymagic.com and Nameless Voice.
« Last Edit: 25. July 2013, 22:06:03 by Kolya »

66339dff86db2Nameless Voice

Re: SS2 weapons
66339dff86e12
Damage statistics probably need a "Damage at max skill", too, since the base pistol damage is 4.00 and the base AR damage is 10.00, but at skill six the actual values are 7.00 and 10.00.
66339dff86ffd
The AR doesn't get any skill improvements? ... Oh right, skill requirement is 6 for the AR if one isn't playing adaob.
Anyway, I think "skill requirement" + "additional damage per skill level" would help people to calculate exactly what damage their weapon does at any time.

I didn't get these values that you added for the shotgun (Thanks!):
"6x1 High Explosive" and "6x2 High Explosive"
|-> What's being multiplied here? :)

"Reduce kickback by 3 (divide all kickback amounts by 3)" and "Reduce jolt by 3 (divide all jolt amounts by 3)"
|-> I didn't know there exists "Jolt" besides "Kickback"... Is Jolt the horizontal deflection and Kickback is vertical?
This sounds as if there are several kickback (and jolt) amounts for the shotgun. Does that mean different shot types (tripleshot)?
And these amounts are divided by 3 which results in a reduction of 3? So the amount must have been ... 4.5 Heh, math.

66339dff870ecNameless Voice

66339dff8713e
Damage increase for skill is always 15% per point of skill above the minimum requirement. I suppose that could be worked out into a table to show damage at each skill level.

The shotgun fires 6 pellets at 1 damage each. Or 2 damage for the triple-shot mode.

As for jolt and kickback... I don't know. What you said about horizontal / vertical sounds good...
66339dff8722e
That "Triple Shot" is really a double shot, eh?

66339dff87324Paweł

66339dff8737b
Hello i started playing SS2 now after Bioshock i havent played earlier so i want to know whats better Laser Rapier or Crystal Shard or maybe Wrench? im asking becouse i see Crystal Shard requires only 1 exotic weapons to use and Laser Rapier needs a lot more and not sure if its worth it maybe better wait for Crystal Shard?

I dont use too much firearms :) and i gathered 108 cybermodules and im on my way to deck 4 but before that i want to chose my furture weapon...

66339dff878daPaweł

66339dff8793d
"Paweł"?

Umm? what? i only want to know if theres big diffrence betwean wrench,laser rapier and crystal shard i cant find any info on that...

PS.About this nick Paweł dont ask me i typed Paweł and it modified it...

66339dff87a03Nameless Voice

66339dff87a5d
Crystal shard deals more base damage, but the laser rapier deals energy damage and, as such, is more potent against mechanical enemies.

66339dff87c94gregor_y

66339dff87cea
Crystal shard deals more base damage, but the laser rapier deals energy damage and, as such, is more potent against mechanical enemies.

ok thx that what i wanted to know :)
66339dff87eff
Sure, it's now in the "sshock2" avatar gallery. Size has been reduced to the maximum allowed 65x65 px. File name is: "melee.png"

66339dff87ffcTucalipe

66339dff88050
Is there a way to make able to wield two weapons at the same time, which actaully was possible at the developers' aplha. http://www.sshock2.com/ss2mmdb/screenshots/helloworld.html
 a mod, i mean. and a way to make the psi amp take only one space at the inventory?
Sorry for my the grammar... I'm in a hury.
« Last Edit: 07. October 2007, 16:31:59 by Tucalipe »

66339dff88121Nameless Voice

66339dff88177
Heh, nice avatar Lambda 00!

Making the psi-amp only take up one space in inventory is two seconds' worth of gamesys-editing work. You'd also need to make a new single-slot-sized inventory icon for it.

Dual-weilding guns is, for all practical purposes, impossible.

66339dff88385gregor_y

66339dff883da
Dual-weilding guns is, for all practical purposes, impossible.

For normal Pistol well not bad idea but i think i saw 2 pistols in ss2 on 1 screenshot dont remember if that was mod or beta or something...
66339dff886a6
Is there a way to make able to wield two weapons at the same time, which actaully was possible at the developers' aplha. http://www.sshock2.com/ss2mmdb/screenshots/helloworld.html
 a mod, i mean.
If you look at that alpha version screenshot you will notice that, while there are two weapons equipped in the inventory, there is only one gun in the world view.

gregor_y: You probably mean the last screenshot from Assidragon's weapon pack. I think that this was just the same gun flipped. In any case it was never released. But I'll ask Assidragon later when I see him.

66339dff887d0gregor_y

66339dff8882c
Yes thats what i mean...any way not think its good idea ammo for pistol is not that much common but...i enden game last time with 500 standard 140 ap 150 aa so maybe its not that hard to get i buyed it for nanites when i got assult rifle...

66339dff88916Tucalipe

66339dff88969
How do I edit shock2.gam? Through DromEd? I not used to mod ss2... yet...
Also, how to make the pistol use only two slots?

And, if possible, to make the rapier use only one slot when in the inventory, as no one would keep it on, and then change to the three slot icon, when equipped? For this one, I'm not excpecting much.

BTW, why isn't possible to open a new thread?
« Last Edit: 14. October 2007, 16:09:24 by Tucalipe »

66339dff88a2fNameless Voice

66339dff88a86
All of the above can be done through DromEd ('ShockEd').

This is the 'System Shock 2 file repository' board, for resources and other downloads. Threads without files belong in the 'General Discussion' forum.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the default melee weapon in System Shock:
1 Guest is here.
let's see whether the sky bugs out again
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66339dff88bbf