Citadel - System Shock Fan Remake

2 Guests are here.
6647c9121e947
voodoo47Quote

Quote by Kolya:
We're distributing the original game for free and he should require original data files? O_o
just precautions. remember System Shock Rebooted. also, he is probably going to need the orig audio anyway.
Acknowledged by: Kolya
6647c9121ea53
WhyNottQuote
I have a bad feeling about this

either way, good luck
6647c9121ec59
JosiahJackQuote
Thank you. I do hope that this can be as good as the original.

For the potential legal issues, Meadowbrook Insurance is now both the rights holder and the copyright owner of the name System Shock as of May this year. I have reviewed the legality of releasing System Shock Portable and will release Citadel in a similar manner. If Meadowbrook has any objections or wants to "cash in" on the name then I am all willing to negotiate something with them as regards a possible Steam release which is uncertain at the moment though it is being considered. Unless or until then Citadel shall proceed without pause regardless of any legal proceedings.  I want to assure you that now is definitely the time for this project to succeed.
6647c9121efb2
NdrakeQuote

Quote by JosiahJack:
Thank you. I do hope that this can be as good as the original.
I have reviewed the legality of releasing System Shock Portable and will release Citadel in a similar manner.
I'm curious as to what your findings were on this.

Unlike SSP there's real money in a possible remake. I'd be very careful about floating the idea of releasing this commercially. No one is just going to hand this name over to an indie dev. Cool project though!
6647c9121f0d7
WhyNottQuote
If you want my suggestion, I would recommend scraping classic Source viewmodels in favor of an "immersive first-person"  like view. This would actually be closer in effect to how it worked in original SS, and since your game seems to be using the Source engine, it would actually be pretty simple to code it thanks to existing tutorials.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact