Citadel - System Shock Fan Remake

7 Guests are here.
6647e0853c174
voodoo47Quote
yes, but not getting shot down less than ten days after the announcement is also important, and as mentioned before, by doing things in a certain way, the risk can be minimized.

anyway, time to steer the discussion back to the remake - how true to original is it aiming to be? are all the wonderful oldschool hud and inventory elements going to be preserved? what about the physics, any changes planned? for example, I could live without the bounciness and tumbliness of the player, same goes for the weird mantling system and jumping, which are really clunky and sometimes outright annoying. a more SS2esque control scheme would be nice.
6647e0853d093
ZygoQuote

Quote by Ndrake:
Interesting thanks.
So do I get this right everything that would be required to make an official reboot/sequel is split between two unaffiliated insurance companies?
Star and Meadowbrook are actually the same company, Star is a subdivision of Meadowbrook.

Though the copyright for SS2 actually does have another claim from Comerica Bank as well as from Star/ Meadowbrook, which would complicate matters if it has not been resolved. I'd presume it has though.

In any case, the worst sanction a not for profit use is likely to get is a Cease and Desist. And if they're not selling SS1 I can't see why they'd bother even with that.
6647e0853d422
NdrakeQuote

Quote by Zygo:
And if they're not selling SS1 I can't see why they'd bother even with that.
I don't think EA was still selling SS2 in 2004, that didn't stop them.

@JosiahJack I honestly wish you the best of luck! I really don't want to discourage you. Just be careful an listen to what voodoo47 has to say, he knows what he's talking about.
6647e0853d793
OlfredQuote
It doesn't matter if they still sell it or not. With US law it's in a way that you always have to defend your copyrights no matter what. Otherwise when it really comes to protecting your copyright some lawyer can go on and say "yeah, but that one time you didn't cared about protecting it, so you kinda said it was free for everyone to infringe your copyright".

Everyone should already know that the US law system is kinda bonkers, it's really like that.
So even if you are not making any money with a remake there might still be a possibility for them to shut you down. But I doubt that they even go checking for anything like that.
6647e0853e0ff
JDoranQuote
This could be brilliant! Please don't give up on this, JosiahJack - I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Quote by Ndrake:

What ever happened to their new project/game? They say on that page "Rather than decimate a recreation of a great game by following Mr. Bené's (frankly laughable) suggestion, our team members have agreed to create an excellent game meritous of the title "next-generation successor to the genre defined by the System Shock series", so did they ever release a game, or not?

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact