663f9dd4da20b

663f9dd4da8bc
2 Guests are here.

663f9dd4db3e5voodoo47

663f9dd4db459
Hmm... do you start the game normally or through some editor mode?
Everything looks so bright.
All the signs on one side have the same distance, so it's strange that it is just one.

As long as it is just some static creating ripped off limbs and stuff out of the rebirth models would be fairly easy.
Just copy it from the model and then close off the gaps, though, they would be needed to be textured then, might be possible to reuse the old textures, but not sure.
Just give me one example and I will look into it how "makeable" it is.
yes, this is the editor mode, but it's the same for me in the regular game mode as well. strange may it be, but it is so. wouldn't be the strangest thing in one of the strangest engines out there.

and yeah, the limb/head models are static - cutting a leg and an arm off Rebirth's corm_med.bin and the head (neck included) from corf_med.bin would do the trick. the textures can stay the same as well - bloodying the parts where ripped off flesh is should be trivial.
663f9dd4db9a7
What are the original limb models called?

EDIT: added crate again *crosses fingers*
« Last Edit: 02. November 2013, 21:57:16 by Olfred »

663f9dd4dbb6avoodoo47

663f9dd4dbbc5
  • cutarm.bin - Cut Arm (-914)
  • cutleg.bin - Cut Leg (-915)
  • head5.bin - Cut Head (-916) (in Rebirth, this needs to be a female head, ripped off the Rebirth female corpse model)

663f9dd4dc162ZylonBane

663f9dd4dc1c6
looks like the lights and signs need to be moved a bit away from the model to prevent poly flicker
"z-fighting"
663f9dd4dc3f5
So everything of the previous stuff is good now?

Fiddled together a cutted arm and a texture.
As already mentioned somewhere else, I'm not that great of a texture artist, but it is at least something someone might build upon.

Maybe some adjustment needs to be done so it will be laying correctly on the ground. Again, some kind of testmap or save would be helpful.

663f9dd4dc545voodoo47

663f9dd4dc595
yeah, as far as I can tell, all the stuff you've fixed so far is good to go. really, really nice job - this was an important step towards completing the first release of SCP.

the hand model is pretty good as well (and the texture is more than sufficient) - but to make it more universal, it should be shorter (basically ripped off just below the elbow), with no pieces of the uniform (just like the old one. also I have just realized that we might need both hands, left and right, but mirroring the model once it's done should not be a big deal). attaching a map/save with a place where the hand is used in a quite specific situation. also a picture:

[eng1_hand.7z expired]
« Last Edit: 03. November 2013, 21:20:22 by voodoo47 »
663f9dd4dc6d2
Well, I made it about the same size as the old one.
Here's a comparison, the old one is the orange line.

The cut is actually at the elbow

EDIT:
I just realized.... maybe the old model was just a bit to big... or is the new model too small?
But it has the same scale as the rebirth model.

[cutarm_compare.jpg expired]

663f9dd4dc7acvoodoo47

663f9dd4dc7f6
I see. well, the sizes and proportions are a bit different with the Rebirth mod, and while the new hand would do nicely when placed alone, it looks slightly off near a body such as the one on the picture - basically, to make the very primitive trick of hiding a part of the dead guys hand in the ground to make it look like it has been ripped off work properly, the cut hand needs to be relatively short.

//yes, the old model was a bit too long as well.
663f9dd4dc903
compare to the body at the floor it even looks too big, imho.

Is it the only place in the game where you use the hand like that?

EDIT:
Made a smaller arm now. Only to see if the size is correct now. When it's good I can rework the part a bit so it won't be that clean cutted.
« Last Edit: 03. November 2013, 01:13:15 by Olfred »

663f9dd4dc9c8voodoo47

663f9dd4dca15
yes, a less clean cut (ripped off, just like your previous model) would be better.

there are a couple of places where the hand is used like that, at least one more on engineering.
663f9dd4dcb55
Well, at the moment I have the arm rotated to fit into the game. But according to the original model the hand should be facing the other way. That's why in your screenshot the inside is facing upwards.
On the old model you didn't see it that much, but with a new one you will clearly see it, so you might also check the other locations.

Also, new limb for you. Again, not much of a texture artist.

EDIT: Also, he has two, left hands now  XD

663f9dd4dcc37voodoo47

663f9dd4dcc85
this one is very nice - love the boney bits sticking out of the wound. can you flip/mirror the model so we'll also have a right hand?

rotation/position can be modified via editor, but I think palm facing down as default is probably better, so the latest model is ok.
663f9dd4dce13
Well, ingame compared to the old model, the palm was facing up.

So I created 2 models now. cutarm.bin which is the left hand, and cutarm_r.bin which is the right hand.
Both facing palm down so the map needs retouching.
Also touched the texture a bit again, so be sure to copy it, too.
There is only one texture for both hands.

So, the leg, does it need to be the left or the right one? Looks more like right on your screenshot.

EDIT: Something just popped into my head.
If you create a mapchange with cutarm_r.bin, it would only work with rebirth. So I made a cutarm_r.bin with the old model and attached it here. (of course needs renaming).
« Last Edit: 03. November 2013, 18:40:07 by Olfred »

663f9dd4dd2ffvoodoo47

663f9dd4dd35a
yeah, both new arms are good to go, as far as I can say.
If you create a mapchange with cutarm_r.bin, it would only work with rebirth.
not a problem - I can make a dml that will only activate when Rebirth is installed. in fact, it's already done, check the attachment - just drop it tho the DataPermMods or DataTempMods together with Rebirth and cutarm.zip from your previous post, and everything will work without direct modifications to the map .

as for the legs, I don't know - the original is lowpoly enough to pass for both right and left leg, guess that won't be possible with the rebirth models. that means you would have to make both legs, just like you did with arms.
« Last Edit: 03. November 2013, 20:16:47 by voodoo47 »
663f9dd4dd4a9
And here's the leg
Made a few changes to the boot from rebirth because alone it looked kinda ugly.
Used the original texture of the leg as a base for the new one.

EDIT: whoops, was supposed to attach a zip
Well, the leg now is more a right leg
« Last Edit: 03. November 2013, 20:22:46 by Olfred »

663f9dd4dd593voodoo47

663f9dd4dd5df
shape looking good (looks like it will be possible to create one universal leg after all), but the texture seems to be missing (does not load for me - no cutleg.gif in my resources. anyway, the boot texture needs to match the rebirth models, so the old texture cannot be used without modification). also check the edit on my previous post.
« Last Edit: 03. November 2013, 20:25:24 by voodoo47 »
663f9dd4dd6fd
Can't get the dml working. I just put it in ..\SystemShock2\DataTempMods\eng1.mis.dml right?
Rebirth is installed under DataPermMods, but even there it doesn't work.

I just changed the model of the boot slightly, texture still the same.

663f9dd4dd818voodoo47

663f9dd4dd864
that is strange - make sure you have mod_path DataTempMods+DataPermMods+patch_ext in your cam_mod.ini (and that there is no ; at the beginning of the line). the dml should use the right hand model and flip it so it's positioned properly. it works for me, just double checked. //triple checked on a clean steam install, see the second pic. mesh is the original Rebirth mod, obj is where your arms are.

the boot on the leg is slightly shorter that the real one (apart from that, it's pretty much perfect);
« Last Edit: 03. November 2013, 21:13:06 by voodoo47 »

663f9dd4dd9c0ArixonaIceTea:(

663f9dd4dda10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK2Q7DATPNI

On earth, I have flickering on both sides of the car. Also I never noticed how low the car resolution was haha. (Flickering on rear already fixed by Olfred's flickercrates zip)
« Last Edit: 03. November 2013, 21:56:48 by ArixonaIceTea:( »
663f9dd4ddb62
This leg should look better now.
The boot looks different when imported to blender. Maybe he made some strange stuff so it works inside the dark engine *shrugs*

Also took my clean steam install. Still shows no effect, see screenshot.
Or does it have something to do that I use the quicksave you gave me?

@Arixona, I clearely see the flicker at the rear. Well there will be a fixed version in the SCP.
« Last Edit: 03. November 2013, 21:53:47 by Olfred »

663f9dd4ddc9fvoodoo47

663f9dd4ddcf8
ah, of course - old saves will not work with the dml. you will have to enter from medsci1 after starting a new game for the dml to activate. or alternatively, return to medsci, save, exit, open the save folder (save_13 if this is a quicksave), delete eng1.mis, load the modified save, enter eng1 again, and the dml should kick in. this is not really a problem, it just means the mod should be installed before one starts playing.

yup, I think the boot is ready to.. kick.

@ArixonaIceTea: all the fixed models are linked in the first post of this topic.
« Last Edit: 03. November 2013, 22:26:40 by voodoo47 »
663f9dd4dde11
Wow, took me 3 times reading till I understood it.
But I've seen it now. Got killed when I arrived there and got a nice closeup directly on the hand from it, haha.
Looks good now.
But how do you check if rebirth is there or not?

Also I'm about to finish the head.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, _____ machine? (Fill in the missing word):
2 Guests are here.
You're messing with my Zen thing, man.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663f9dd4ddf65