663f75676fdb3

663f756770438
1 Guest is here.

663f756770e81voodoo47

663f756770ef1
Ah I see
I thought just setting the transparency for the model is enough.
But it's probably also the see through visiblity thing I already saw with the railings.

As for the fsn_h.bin, currently it's the best we can get currently. Already wrote a message to nemyax if he intends to upgrade his bin exporter to allow different material settings. (But somehow I can't find a proper private message system over at TTLG)
yes, alpha needs to be set to 1 in the gamesys for the bottles to render properly. as for TTLG private messages, this should take you directly into his PMs. if you don't have the option, the functionality might be disabled (it is for new users), if that's the case send AL_B a message here, he should be able to enable it for you.
663f75677122a
Thank you, never have been any active at TTLG, so it isn't unlocked for me.
Sent AL_B a message now.
Acknowledged by: Al_B

663f7567712b9voodoo47

663f756771368
adding:

toilet.bin - Toilet (-1240) [missing back polys]
663f7567716b4
The animation on the gunghost bothered me, so I decided to work on it.
Working with the motion editor was a real pain in the ass.
But I discored that voodoo47 added some new links to the first post so I were able to work on the animation in Blender, which made it significantly easier.
So I made changes to the original animation file and also made some tweaks to the gunghost.bin again.
Also the sound was a bit off throughout the whole sequence, everything was about 13 frames late. So I pushed the whole animation a bit to the end and stretched the beginning a bit to fill the gap. Now the animation is a bit longer.
As I am using the german version of the game it might be a problem with it and may not be present in the english version. So I've included a motion file which uses the original timings.

As I now know of an "easy" way to do animations I am open for creating new ones.
But editing old ones is not so easy, so don't throw a bug chunk of thoose on me :D

On something different. As I already made the rebirth gibs and there are only two missing I made the heart and stomach.
The texture on the heart is based on the old one and not really pretty, but I am not much of a texture artist so that's as best as I can do now.
I was able to base the texture of the stomach of a good picture I found online, so it turned out not so bad.
Actually I don't think there is blood splatting out of a stomach, but hence being like the original I made the cutted parts bloody and had to adjust the blood texture on the floor (still uses the original texture from the game).

If anyone is willing to make better textures I added the UV maps in "gibs uv maps.zip"

663f756771ac4ZylonBane

663f756771b20
toilet.bin - Toilet (-1240) [missing back polys]
Just so you know, I already have an updated toilet model that Ajare made for SHTUP a few years ago. I really should texture that thing...
663f756771daf
Just so you know, I already have an updated toilet model that Ajare made for SHTUP a few years ago. I really should texture that thing...
for the time being

663f7567721efvoodoo47

663f756772247
the toiled has low priority - currently we have bigger fish to fry.
But I discored that voodoo47 added some new links to the first post so I were able to work on the animation in Blender, which made it significantly easier.
shiiit, I forgot to send you a notification, didn't I? ah well, you noticed them anyway, so it's all good I guess. had a look at the new stuff - the stomach is really nice, but the heart is oversized (both the orig model and the new one) - the size should probably be reduced by at least 40%.

the new gunghost - while the upper torso animation is better, it kind of feels.. choppy for a bit. also, the lower part of the torso is completely motionless, looks a bit unnatural. hmm.. will try the other motions as well.

//toilet is nice :)
« Last Edit: 15. November 2013, 19:13:49 by voodoo47 »

663f75677232fZylonBane

663f756772384
Because I'm a terrible person who's too lazy to read the list-- has the model for that giant cargo crate on the Rickenbacker been fixed?

663f756772464voodoo47

663f7567724b2
yes (to both, I might add, heh).

also, I have just noticed that the stomach model is using one of the blood splat textures - unfortunately, the one with the handprint, and as the texture is being shrunk, this results in a tiny bloody human hand being smeared on the floor right next to the stomach, which looks pretty silly. edited the model so it would use a more neutral blood splat.
« Last Edit: 15. November 2013, 20:49:51 by voodoo47 »
663f7567728a3
Because I'm a terrible person who's too lazy to read the list-- has the model for that giant cargo crate on the Rickenbacker been fixed?
Indeed terrible, asking for a new rail model, I present you one and I didn't get any reply from you :p

I think even 40% wouldn't be right, so I resized the heart by 50%
Check if it's ok now.

About the blood texture, I work based on the original files who come with the game. Usually it should look something like this.

About the gunghost. Yeah, he was doing the jigglypants down there and I just about deleted the whole lower part to be able to fix it. This comes from it being a motion capture, there was a constant jiggle between model positioning and leg movement which made him seem to stand on one position. Just ironing out one of it made the model either move wildly around, or made him do an irish dance. I might add some leg movement, but don't know really much on what he should do. If you want anything specific just give me some example.

Regarding the choppyness, I always thought it was just my computer which produces it since I'm currently on a pretty low power thing. (My main computer for work/gaming broke down and it will be some time till I have it working again. That's also the reason I have so much time on my hands now :D )
I'll look into it.

663f7567729aavoodoo47

663f7567729f8
yeah, not as apparent with the original texture, but quite noticeable with SHTUP (a.k.a. the one mod everybody should use, no matter how much of purists they are). heart looking good after the shrinkage (makes the old texture look less bad as well).

about the gunghost, don't know - ask me, even the first one is good enough. but if you wish to work on it, I certainly won't be stopping you.
663f756772b4f
Well, I could also make an indipendent blood splat for the model and use the SHTUP texture for it. Except the handprint the texture is pretty much matching the original pretty well.
(And for a normal play I would definetly use SHTUP, just for editing and fixing the stuff I rely on the orignals)

Actually I don't wish to work on it :D
And I've just taken a look at it, don't know where the choppyness is coming from. Maybe it's something which is produced by the blender -> mis converter.
Or it's some kind of side effect of mixing old and new animation stuff *shrugs*
IMHO it's still way better than the original one since now there is no clipping, no jigglypants and the sound is matching.

663f756772c31voodoo47

663f756772c88
the stomach splatter is already fixed (the bin is attached to one of my previous posts), don't worry about it. as for the animations, no idea, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: 15. November 2013, 20:50:29 by voodoo47 »
663f756772d96
Well, I still haven't learned to work with shocked. So I just have to believe you everything is good :D
But looking at it in Blender, the other texture doesn't really match the original anymore, but if it's fine for you, ok.

663f756772e4bvoodoo47

663f756772ec0
I just made it load a different (original) texture. good enough.

frankly, I have no idea why did they chose to attach the texture to the model in this kind of way, when one can simply place any blood texture right under the model if desired.
663f756772fa3
Well, I can remove it if desired.
Makes stomach tossing much easier.

663f756773031voodoo47

663f75677307e
I think that would be for the best. go ahead, would you kindly.

663f7567731c1ZylonBane

663f756773213
Here's one that might be an easy fix. There's an angled pipes model (at work right now, can't look up the name), that's used a lot, for example in the starting room of Ops. The problem with it is that the texture on the pipes doesn't follow the bend of the pipe, it's just kind of "projected" on. SHTUP makes it look a little bit better by rotating the texture 90 degrees, but it still looks pretty bad.
663f756773332
Removed the blood texture on the stomach.

About the pipes. I can't work with schocked, so can you look it up voodoo47?

Also about a fix being hard or easy. Just send me anything and I'll look into it how doable it will be.
Sometimes the ones who seem easy are the hardest one :D

663f7567733dcvoodoo47

663f75677342d
gang.bin (Gang valve -774), most probably.
663f756773529
omg, that's really an ugly one.
Thank you voodoo47 for looking it up.

I'll figure something out and will upload it then. Probably will break the SHTUP texture though.

663f7567735ecvoodoo47

663f756773638
not a problem, ZB has full control over SHTUP, so he can include the fixed model (some fixed models are already part of SHTUP) and modify the texture accordingly.

btw, setting up Shocked and using it for the purpose of viewing the models is pretty easy nowadays, if you want the files/instructions just let me know.
663f756773759
Updated gang.bin
ZB probably just needs to rotate it for 90° again. But best he takes a look at it.
But since it probably will be part of the SCP and the next SHTUP probably will have SCP as a requirement there shouldn't be a need to include it into SHTUP.
For SHTUP I would say making a new model would be the way to go.

Some introduction to schocked might be nice since there are popping more and more things up.

663f756773931voodoo47

663f756773982
ok, here goes:

-get Shocked Basic, extract to your SS2 folder
-get the SS2_v242, open the editor archive inside, and extract ShockEd.exe and darkdlgs.dll into your SS2 folder (no other files should be copied over, the toolkit has them already)
-edit DromEd.cfg, and uncomment editor_disable_gdi and edit_screen_depth 32 like this
Code: [Select]
editor_disable_gdi
edit_screen_depth 32

-edit User.cfg, and set the editor resolution. usually you want this to be slightly smaller than your desktop resolution, and 4:3 - for example I have a 1920*1200 monitor, and my editor sits at (rather odd, I know) 1440*1080 resolution. for fullhd, I guess 1280*960 would do.

that should be all. run ShockEd.exe, open a map (ops2, for example, a lot of space right off the bat), and after it loads you can create objects by pressing F3, typing in the archetype number (-1226 would be the stomach) and pressing enter, then hitting the create button, and then dragging it onto the map (the upper right window for example, dragging it right next to the purple dot that represents the player position should create it right next to you).

you can move around in the editor by using the WASD keys. alt+g will start the game mode, alt+e will return you back to the editor mode. that's pretty much it.
« Last Edit: 18. December 2013, 11:19:40 by voodoo47 »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

An evil mega-corporation with 3 branches:
1 Guest is here.
There ain't enough lipstick for that pig.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663f756773a94