663f8dabc8c7dvoodoo47

663f8dabc8d81
added;
  • malseat.bin - mall bench (-2934) [missing polys when viewed from below]

663f8dabc9174
also did resseat.bin

663f8dabc927bvoodoo47

663f8dabc92cf
yeah, that one needed the same treatment as well, good catch.

663f8dabc9459ZylonBane

663f8dabc94ae
Added a note for code.bin to the first post. This is the string of ones and zeros that flies around cyberspace in the Where Am I? level (shodan.mis). There's apparently some duplicate faces within the model that cause visual artifacts when set to use additive rendering. The model could also be enhanced by making the texture not mirrored on the "back" side, so it looks correct from both directions.

I feel almost guilty even listing this-- it's the sort of trivial thing I've fixed myself by just manually banging on the E files, but these days I'm SCP's bitch.
663f8dabc9914
Copied this from the other thread.
Yeah, high-res versions of the military branch logos are something that's been floating around my to-do list for years. The problem is that the logos are three-dimensional. Not just the spinning discs, but the actual logos themselves appear to be embossed.
Doing something like an embossed spinning disc shouldn't be any problem at all. Just if there were some logos already created I could save myself some time. Would have just made a vector graphic out of it an imported it to Blender.
Ah well, I will give it a try. Can anyone tell me which files these spinning logos are?

And could someone answer me this question?
Or is there simply no way to get that information?

About code.bin. It was really messy on import, so I don't know if everything is correct now. Somehow everything was on it's head (maybe they just flipped it ingame or some funky stuff).
Also I noticed that it uses piano_* as texture. If you want to do something fancy I could create you a model with code_* (or whatever) which you could make a SHTUP exclusive or something.

663f8dabc99eevoodoo47

663f8dabc9a3f
the models are;

ban_osa8.bin
ban_nav8.bin
Ban_mar8.bin

will pull up the texture names as well when I get back from work.
663f8dabc9b42
Oh, I thought it was something like the monitors.
Model names are just fine, can get the texture names myself now. Thank you

663f8dabc9c2bZylonBane

663f8dabc9cf7
About code.bin. It was really messy on import, so I don't know if everything is correct now. Somehow everything was on it's head (maybe they just flipped it ingame or some funky stuff).
Looks great in-game. Thanks!

Unless you've got some crazy logo design skills, I wouldn't bother trying to extract anything useful from the military service textures. They're VERY low-resolution.
663f8dabc9ffe
Unless you've got some crazy logo design skills, I wouldn't bother trying to extract anything useful from the military service textures. They're VERY low-resolution.
I will use them just for reference.
Can make out most of it, but some parts are just a blurry mess of pixels where you can't see anything anymore.
Expecially this light blue in the background, or what's on top of the OSA "shield" ( I suppose it's an eye).

663f8dabca0b8ZylonBane

663f8dabca106
Yeah, OSA is an eye, Marines is an anchor and a wireframe globe, Navy is an anchor, a globe, and some sort of atom-like symbol.

Perhaps it would be best to not emboss the fine details of the logos, so the textures could be more easily updated.
663f8dabca1ea
You got some good eyes there.

I don't even know how exactly I will do them.
But don't expect it anytime soon.
663f8dabca304
I made reexports of all the models which I previously created through the Blender exporter by nemyax.
(At least I think I got them all)
Also included are new gizzard models, maybe they will work better now.

Additionally I worked on the highsec.bin.
The only thing I couldn't get right was to recreate the old bounding box.

663f8dabca40dZylonBane

663f8dabca459
Great! Will take a look at them when I get a chance.

Added a couple more low-priority models to the first post. First is target.bin, a formerly unused shooting range target model, originally added to the game by ADaOB. It has a rectangular strip at the top for no apparent reason, and the model seems to have no sides. It's quite strangely constructed. Second is cpipe_01.bin, a small bent pipe, but with no polygons on either of the ends.
« Last Edit: 29. May 2014, 06:16:55 by ZylonBane »
663f8dabca828
It has a rectangular strip at the top for no apparent reason, and the model seems to have no sides.
The rectangular strip is coming from the bottom of the texture. Uhhm... (most) engines tend to let the texture "bleed" over the borders. So when you go over it and enter at the other side you won't have such a hard edge. Also game engines work alot with approximations to save computing time, so you often get a crack or disortion when going over edges. That's why they do it like this.
But now the guys who made the models kinda like always put the UV map right to the border of the texture. Now when it bleeds over the borders you get textures where there aren't supposed to be textures.
I fixed alot of these problems in the models you gave me.

About the model having no sides. That is simply because the UV map is right inside the transparent space. Not much you could do about it with working on the UV map.
So I included three versions of target.bin now. The first one is just getting rid of the strip, not much I could do about the sides.
What I did now was went ahead and created a model which follows the path of the target. Since the texture itself isn't symetrical I had to juggle the UV map around a bit so it still displays properly (target2.bin).
Lastly I made a target3.bin with a "clean" UV map. This will be displayed with bugs ingame, but I thought you might want to use it for SHTUP. Having a clean UV map is much easier to work on.

And the pipe was a quick fix.

663f8dabca92cvoodoo47

663f8dabca97f
hires eggs are transparent/missing bottom when viewed from below. this looks bad during the ops1 reveal sequence.

Olfred, any chance you could have a look and see why is this happening?
663f8dabcaa78
It's because they don't have a bottom when viewed from below.

EDIT: added bottoms
« Last Edit: 30. May 2014, 20:14:37 by Olfred »

663f8dabcab77voodoo47

663f8dabcabca
yeah, looking good (I'm going to update the release right away). also, please have a look at this, would you kindly.

663f8dabcaecevoodoo47

663f8dabcaf21
ok, suggestions for modifications to vurt's SS2 flora.

• Plant #1 (-68 flower.bin) - way too big, needs to be shrunk, scale 0.7/0.7/0.7 seems to work fine. also needs to be moved down on the Z axis to prevent floating, 51 pixels (after being shrunk to 70% of the current size) to match the pot position of the original.
  • Plant #2 (-69 plant1.bin) - dimensions way different from the orig model, scale 1.15/.15/0.7 should fix this (makes the plant quite flat, but the orig model is also flat so it should be good). Z axis position ok after shrinking to those dimensions.
  • Wide Plant (-1855 plantw.bin) - too small. scale 1.165/1.165/1.165 seems to do the trick.
  • Tall Plant 2 (-1854 Plantt.bin) - Z offset wrong, needs to be moved 21 pixels up.
  • Tall Plant (-1263 plant4.bin), Z offset wrong, needs to be moved 16 pixels down.
  • Hanging Plant (-1266 planth.bin) - a very different model, will need scale 1.1/1.1/1.1 and Z offset 175 pixels up to be at least somewhat of a drop in replacement for the orig hanging plant.
  • lily, plantwa, talplant - special hydro stuff, not 1:1 replacements but look ok enough, will have a better look later (also are already dml'd in the orig game, so any potential fix that would make them closer to the orig models would only affect FMs).
  • plantbed - I seriously don't know how to fix this one to be at least somewhat usable. the pot is broken and its size is completely incorrect, there is that weird bad performance thing going on, and frankly, it doesn't look too great when compared to the rest of the models from this pack. voting for dropping it completely.

I sure hope I got everything correctly. also, I'll put all the plants into one level and upload it a bit later.
« Last Edit: 31. May 2014, 09:27:56 by voodoo47 »
663f8dabcb060
I've just taken a look at the models and about editing them.
So when I take the bin and open it up in Blender it's really messy. Even tried converting the bin to .E and open that up, still messy (a different kind of messy though).

So if something still hase some kind of contact (or means of contact) with vurt, ask him kindly for the source files, please.
Otherwise it's kind of easier to just create new models than working with what I get out of them.

663f8dabcb122voodoo47

663f8dabcb16f
he is still around (last forum visit yesterday, probably right before I've posted in the flora topic), so try sending him a pm, he should get a notification and reply.

//actually, if it's just asking for the sources without asking about technical stuff, I can do that as well - let me know whether I should.

663f8dabcb26eZylonBane

663f8dabcb2ba
Hey Olfred, I've got another worldrep-to-object conversion request. This one's trivial-- just a wedge. It's for Hydroponics deck, so we can add the missing ramps on the outside of the bulkhead chambers (main hydro map is stripped, can't add it directly).

The intent of the texturing of the main ramp is that the texture be tiled exactly once horizontally, and exactly half vertically. I got it as close to this as I could in DromEd, which is a little weird with texture scales on angled surfaces.

As before, the outer cube will need to be deleted, and flat-shading only, please.

[hydro ramp.7z expired]
663f8dabcb3ae
I don't really get what you want me to do with the texture. This is how it looks inside the UV editor. So what should I change/tweak now?

[hydroramp.jpg expired]

663f8dabcb46cZylonBane

663f8dabcb4bc
Ah, sorry. The side textures are fine. I was referring only to the main ramp surface texture, hydro10.
663f8dabcb634
Always better when you have a filename or such.
This should be it.
But don't forget what I told you about the bleeding, you can discover it on the model now, too

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the default melee weapon in System Shock:
1 Guest is here.
You're messing with my Zen thing, man.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663f8dabcb77e