663f69ea16900

663f69ea16f74
2 Guests are here.

663f69ea17be6
Olfred, think about what you're saying. If it was possible to render transparent objects correctly without using depth sorting, I'm pretty sure the guys who wrote the engine would know it.
I didn't say it was possible.
I just assumed that when using PNG another method is used, and for that you would need to remove the settings which would trigger the "old" one.

But well, I did some further testing and this method also doesn't get you the desired result. It's missing the additive you would get when viewing through several layers of transparency.
663f69ea17d14
Turret corpses for all turrets.

663f69ea17ed2ZylonBane

663f69ea17f29
Turret corpses good.

Locker models good.

Curved pipes look good.

Conduit models look good, and floor properly, but that texture on the ends looks really strange. Could you texture the ends in the same style as the unbroken conduits? I know it doesn't really make sense, but it's SS2's style.
663f69ea18029
Did you use SHTUP textures or original ones to check on it?
663f69ea182a9
Hmm... well.
For me it looked quite good like that, like ripped cables. But shouldn't be a big problem to change it. It just looks weird  to me.

663f69ea183c1ZylonBane

663f69ea18416
To me, at the scale that the texture is used, it just looks like a hash of multicolored pixels. There might even be some palette #0 transparency problems with that texture... I'm not 100% sure, it was like 1AM when I was looking at it. The second issue is that it doesn't match the ends of the unbroken conduit models. It's a visual consistency thing. If you smash out the middle of a run of conduit, the ends of the pieces on the ground and the ends of the pieces still on the wall should look the same.
663f69ea18752
There might even be some palette #0 transparency problems with that texture...
There is.

Also, stupid retarded UV maps on the conduit, there is basically no way of doing a nice ending of the poles.

EDIT:
new conduit parts
« Last Edit: 30. June 2014, 16:48:08 by Olfred »

663f69ea188b2System Shocked

663f69ea18904
This is just a reminder, with all that's on your plates, concerning the floating LED's on the security camera http://i.imgur.com/CmieUeu.jpg and the warning signal transmit array http://i.imgur.com/sEEfcaw.jpg that I posted earlier.

Assuming that you want these fixed at some point in time, I haven't seen the ".bin" files/details for these posted yet. If they're not to be fixed, that's fine.

663f69ea18a18voodoo47

663f69ea18a68
I need go through the topic and update everything. was planning to do it yesterday, but oh well..

663f69ea18b05ZylonBane

663f69ea18b50
I personally don't consider 99% of the floating colored squares to be a problem. You have to be really looking for problems to even notice those.
Acknowledged by: Primitive Primate

663f69ea18bfavoodoo47

663f69ea18c48
some of them were quite off, but yeah, the last few ones are barely noticeable. but, if they can be fixed, and there is someone willing and capable to, well, why not?
663f69ea18d63
They are pretty easy fixes.
But apparently you can't like make it really fixed as you have to maintain some floating.

When I create some updated (high res) models I would definately work the glowing pieces into the model, rather than putting them flat on top.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

663f69ea18e1eZylonBane

663f69ea18e72
Speaking of easy (or not) fixes, how difficult would it be to add another vhot to the held pistol model? Currently it emits shell casings from the player's wrist, because there's no vhot near the ejection port.

663f69ea1917fSystem Shocked

663f69ea191d5
They are pretty easy fixes.
But apparently you can't like make it really fixed as you have to maintain some floating.
Seems the best scenario for the time being is to get them closer than they presently are and then fix them once and for all down the road when the new updated hi-res models are produced.

663f69ea193ffSystem Shocked

663f69ea19450
I personally don't consider 99% of the floating colored squares to be a problem. You have to be really looking for problems to even notice those.
There are others that I haven't reported because the LED's are barely floating off the surface, so there's not much benefit/point in reworking them. The only ones that I'm bringing to light are those that are more obvious.
663f69ea1967b
Speaking of easy (or not) fixes, how difficult would it be to add another vhot to the held pistol model? Currently it emits shell casings from the player's wrist, because there's no vhot near the ejection port.
Like, super easy.
Should be vhot 1

663f69ea1975bZylonBane

663f69ea197aa
Conduit debris looks good. Pistol now ejects casings from the right spot. Shotgun muzzle flashes work. Huzzah!

663f69ea19a7dSystem Shocked

663f69ea19ad6
...... Pistol now ejects casings from the right spot. Huzzah!
There are times when asking results in receiving !

Way to go Olfred..... U da man ! ! !..... Huzzah, hazzuH.

This being the last important issue needing to be resolved, please release SCP Beta 1.
663f69ea19bd5
I was wondering, is there some way that the pistol top is sliding when you shoot?
The tacticool is doing that, right?

663f69ea19cadvoodoo47

663f69ea19cfb
for guns and glory. anyway, there are still a few things remaining on the checklist, so the release is not going to happen tomorrow.

will make sure that the first post is updated today, and will also include the tacticool models which will also need the vhot to be compatible with SCP.

// yes, the tacticool model has a modified slide that actually works. ADaoB/SCP has a modified orig model that does the same.

663f69ea19fefRocketMan

663f69ea1a0b3
Wasn't there 1 other gun in the game that had support for moving pieces?  Was it the shotgun?

663f69ea1a177ZylonBane

663f69ea1a1cc
I don't think so, but I am finding it ridiculous that the grenade launcher dumps little grenades on the ground when you fire it. Didn't I just fire that thing out the barrel?

663f69ea1a42fvoodoo47

663f69ea1a483
I don't think so, but I am finding it ridiculous that the grenade launcher dumps little grenades on the ground when you fire it. Didn't I just fire that thing out the barrel?
yeah, about that, we should probably make grenade launcher and SFG/fusion cannon NOT eject casings when shooting - when you think about it, it doesn't make any sense, they should only drop empty cartridges/depleted prisms when being reloaded, or not at all. as we currently do not possess the custom resources, I'd vote for "not at all" for beta1.

//actually the SFG is not ejecting anything.
« Last Edit: 01. July 2014, 20:49:48 by voodoo47 »
Acknowledged by: ZylonBane

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock takes place on a space station named ...:
2 Guests are here.
There ain't enough lipstick for that pig.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663f69ea1a5a8