66400e4cb2994

66400e4cb2fcd
3 Guests are here.

66400e4cb3900voodoo47

66400e4cb3969
it's on rec2 near obj 302 (you need to trip the sequence), and yeah, looks ok (note - the damage texture needs to be copied to obj/txt16 or you will get jorge). pistol is fine too, there is still a tiny crack, but there is almost no way of seeing it unless you know where to look, and as long as you have multisampling enabled, it should disappear completely.

thanks.
66400e4cb40a3
looks ok
(note - the damage texture needs to be copied to obj/txt16 or you will get jorge).
Just ok? Do you want anything tweaked on it?
(I thought it was obvious and I wouldn't need to state it.)

pistol is fine too, there is still a tiny crack, but there is almost no way of seeing it unless you know where to look, and as long as you have multisampling enabled, it should disappear completely.
The problem is that at this point the polys of the model aren't connected. And since the model is just a stick together at this point there is no easy way to just fix it. Everything else would require major changes on the model itself.

66400e4cb4172voodoo47

66400e4cb41c3
yeah, the wall looks fine as far as I can tell, I don't think anything needs to be tweaked. pistol should be fine for now as well.

66400e4cb432dvoodoo47

66400e4cb4384
added;

• ammoss.bin, ammohes.bin, ammoaps.bin - (all types of) bulets (-35) [shoddy mapping of the bullet texture at the open part of the clip, should be just one bullet with a properly textured tip]

also, the doom3 shotgun still needs the vhot moved a bit for the blast to look ok.
[notip.jpg expired]
66400e4cb44cc
I took a look at the model and texture.

First of all it looks like the two bullets are intended. My guess would be that it should represent one of those magazines where you can see both shells but where one is slightly higher.
But I can change it to just one bullet. The problem is that there is no front/tip on the texture. So I could go with just a plain black or plain grey.

And what's up with the shotgun ammo? the bullets get loaded in reverse?

Currently I am kinda busy, but I probably will have time starting this weekend.

66400e4cb466bZylonBane

66400e4cb46c0
I wonder if there's a texture already available for the bullet tops.

66400e4cb4788voodoo47

66400e4cb4800
you might be right - feel free to take whatever way you deem the best. looked at the shotgun ammo as well, and it's lowres enough to pass -  but if you want to improve it in some way, well, I certainly won't complain.

neutral color tip is fine.
66400e4cb4968
Here is the ammo.

I will get to the shotgun at another time. Need to set up my SS2 installation properly to test it.

66400e4cb4ac0voodoo47

66400e4cb4b17
tips looking good - but just noticed that one side of the shotgun box(es) is completely black for no apparent reason. maybe bad texture mapping?
66400e4cb4f08
no apparent reason
There is an apparent reason
bad texture mapping

It's just how the texture is made, nothing to fix there.

66400e4cb4fa5voodoo47

66400e4cb4ff3
ok. off into the next package it goes.

66400e4cb509dvoodoo47

66400e4cb50eb
quick note: the shuttle (and its exploded version) has issues - poor texture mapping, decals floating off, maybe more.

shutle.bin
sh1.bin
sh2.bin
sh3.bin
shutlex.bin
« Last Edit: 13. February 2015, 12:52:01 by voodoo47 »
Acknowledged by: System Shocked
66400e4cb51f0
Just opened some of them and already saw couple of things which need to be fixed.

Currently, I don't have much time on my hand so it could take a while till I get to it.
Acknowledged by 2 members: voodoo47, System Shocked

66400e4cb554dunn_atropos

66400e4cb55ab
Didn't check in a SCP game, but it's not appearing in the list in this topic, so...
Climbing onto an bot-torso makes the texture jump around.

[droid.jpg expired]

66400e4cb5682ZylonBane

66400e4cb56d7
It's not the climbing on it (wtf), it's any of the vertices going off-screen. That happens with any model where the texture is mapped to a face non-rectilinearly (non-square texels).
66400e4cb5838
Here is shutle.bin so far.

I guess shutlex.bin should represent the destroyed one. If the shutle.bin is considered good by you guys I am going to base the shutlex.bin on it.
But the lights between those two don't fully match (for example the stripes on the wings). What about that?

EDIT: Just took a look at the cutscenes. I think it would be a good idea to add the stripes on the wings (to shutle.bin) so it matches up with the cutscenes. On the other hand I closed up the ass of the shutle. Tell me if you want to keep it like that or if I should make two sided faces for the inside.
« Last Edit: 17. February 2015, 20:04:13 by Olfred »

66400e4cb5964ZylonBane

66400e4cb59b5
That shuttle model is a mess, both technically and logically. A version that cleaned up the sloppy modeling, floating decals, warped textures, etc, would be great. But even better, if you have the time, would be a version (probably for SHTUP) that somehow redesigns the bottom and back end so it's clear how the heck people are supposed to get in and out of this thing.

There's also the problem that it's way too small. The cockpit is so tiny that only a midget could fit in there. Scaling the whole thing up in DromEd is trivial, the hard part would be enlarging the shuttle bays it's supposed to go in.
66400e4cb5add
Like I already said a couple of times.
A model remake mod or something like that is preferable, but as long as we don't have someone for textures we won't get any results which would be worth the effort.
So for now I stick with fixing/improving the original models.

66400e4cb5c44ZylonBane

66400e4cb5c95
I'm not suggesting a complete remodel of the shuttle. Just possibly tweaking the existing shape. The rear of the shuttle for example already has a texture of a cargo hatch. I'll have to conduct some experiments with AI models and a scaled-up shuttle to see what would actually make sense.

It's an interesting design if you can look past the sloppy modeling. Seems to be a mix of the original Star Trek shuttle (especially the way it sits on its engines when landed), and the cockpit of the dropship from Aliens (also borrowing the spiky bits sticking out the front from its mothership the Sulaco).

EDIT: Hey, wait a minute... the front spiky bits are only present on the destroyed version of the model! But if you look at shuttle1.avi, they're plainly visible on the undamaged model. WTF?

EDIT2: So, you have to blow that shuttle up at least 150% before the passenger compartment is big enough for actual humans. It's because it's so short relative to those massive engines.

« Last Edit: 18. February 2015, 03:34:55 by ZylonBane »

66400e4cb5e89voodoo47

66400e4cb5eda
all decals need to float  tiny bit, else you risk z issues. anyway, only Olfred would be able to tell whether this can be fixed a bit.

lift01.bin

66400e4cb5f8fSystem Shocked

66400e4cb5fde
Yeah, I try to only bring to light those that look like there's enough room where a noticeable adjustment/improvement can be made. There are others that aren't worth the time to try and fiddle around with, as they are close enough already.
« Last Edit: 20. February 2015, 11:41:37 by System Shocked »

66400e4cb618eSystem Shocked

66400e4cb61e1
ALL the light decals on this platform elevator also float, and don't contact its body   http://i.imgur.com/W8770UK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CKqPVXJ.jpg   and   http://i.imgur.com/xU0q3mY.jpg   and   http://i.imgur.com/DcHyPzK.jpg

=   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =

The same applies to this platform elevator   http://i.imgur.com/gdA6V1U.jpg   and   http://i.imgur.com/Y0SPjOz.jpg

This one may be the same model as one I've previously reported.
« Last Edit: 21. February 2015, 10:26:09 by System Shocked »
66400e4cb62ee
Almost all decal lights are floating. It's enough to just report the model, no need to proof it with a ton of screenshots. One of the model is enough.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you ____ a perfect, immortal machine? (Fill in the missing word):
3 Guests are here.
I hope this doesn't affect my White House petition to bring back "She's the Sheriff".
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66400e4cb6495