[Obsolete] SS2: Shnup - System Shock 2 Interface Upgrade v 1.0

1 Guest is here.
664840fbb8480
Join2Quote
Does look cool, but as already pointed out plenty of times, not suitable for Shock. I think a more suitable one would be great, but maybe not: vanilla one scaled down is just fine.

Quote by Densei:
System Shock 2 (as long as SS1) really deserves to be taken good care of. Especially now, when game industry is in deep s...t.
Almost no more brilliant games :( And definitely no more System Shock.
So it is our responsibility to enhance the Games as much as possible.

I respect his motives too, but it's a damn shame it's just not suitable. Maybe he could spend another 20 hours in Photoshop making one that fits.
664840fbb868c
ZylonBaneQuote
The best interface is the one that the game comes with. It's supposed to look like a computer interface, not something physical.
664840fbb8a35
MarvinQuote

Quote by Kolya:
Someone suggested it in a modding guide on some website. All the lemmings jumped.
Maybe it's because the name contains "upgrade" and people blindly download and install it without looking.
664840fbb8b7d
KolyaQuote
You got a point there. Upgrade sounds like "the same but better" but it really is a "re-imagining".
664840fbb8c82
DenseiQuote
Ha-ha, can't believe this mod is still alive. Thank you guys for all the comments! (Better late than never).
The name is misleading, for sure, and I'm truly sorry for that. Of course it should have been named "re-imagining" or smth like that (what was I thinking back than?).
The mod's name was a really bad choice. Totally agree.
Luckily, there are more consistent inventory mods now. This one is just a curiosity, so, thank you for keeping it!

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact