663a35870849b

663a358708ade
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 System Shock Infinite 2.4
Page: « 1 ... 13 [14] 15 ... 37 »
Read 186217 times  

Re: System Shock Infinite
663a3587092be
PS:I'm sorry if someone already posted about this, I just didn't feel like looking through 13 pages of posts.

What if you combine the battery on the corpse by the station, and the dead cell?

These screens show assets from the new "Join the Many" ending, which are in black and white as a flashback in the True ending remake.
« Last Edit: 04. July 2014, 06:48:45 by xdiesp »

663a3587093deUltrasteeloid

663a358709433
What? there was battery there? I don't remember seeing one. maybe I used it on that first laser pistol?
Is it already charged when you get it? sorry I must have forgot. But is it?
663a358709757
What? there was battery there? I don't remember seeing one. maybe I used it on that first laser pistol?
Is it already charged when you get it? sorry I must have forgot. But is it?

This corpse beside the fallen station contains a battery: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc123/xdiesp/Battery_zpsfeb4347b.jpg It never bugged on me yet: IIRC, the laser pistol is almost fully charged. Oh, and thanks for the help! :D

edit
In this screenshot, Goggles goes back to reality (click for full size).
Only 2 pages of storyboards left (of 12). 53 cinema sets built so far.
« Last Edit: 04. July 2014, 11:57:42 by xdiesp »

663a35870983bUltrasteeloid

663a35870988b
if that's true then I should still have  a battery in my inventory but I don't.
I guess I missed it. but its not that big of a problem. thanks anyway!
663a3587099a6
Goggles and Marie save the day (screenshot 1), but it will take hard work to stitch the Von Braun back together (screenshot 2) and a secret has been revealed (screenshot 3).

663a358709a96Primitive Primate

663a358709ae4
Can't wait for next update!
663a358709d86
Can't wait for next update!

It's going to be a big update, with remade\new videos and the Many subquest. Next I'll be writing its dialogue, I'd like to hear your opinion on that!

Full storyboards of the True Ending remake: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8unl9drjy21sa9/True%20Ending%20Remake%20storyboards.html

663a358709e58Primitive Primate

663a358709eb0
You got it chief!
663a35870a014
amazing! finally someone got his hands on this game!  8)

im currently playing this mod of yours, very cool all of this you made!!

mayb adding some feature like porting to cyber space in some levels  like in system shock 1
and trough there be able to override resurrections pods  or get some extra cyber modules/nanites hehe
i think you remember system shock 1 right?  mayb u can make some cool things bassed also in the first game

good going  :)
663a35870a31d
Changelogs are boring and nobody ever reads them, but alleluja brothers: finally the human marines talk and don't limp, plus the ICE Rapier is green.

mayb adding some feature like porting to cyber space in some levels  like in system shock 1
and trough there be able to override resurrections pods  or get some extra cyber modules/nanites hehe

Thanks! How would you implement some cyberspace, specifically with the resurrection pods? Often times my hands are tied, but I love ideas.
663a35870a6a4
Changelogs are boring and nobody ever reads them, but alleluja brothers: finally the human marines talk and don't limp, plus the ICE Rapier is green.

Thanks! How would you implement some cyberspace, specifically with the resurrection pods? Often times my hands are tied, but I love ideas.

ahah  no no  i mean porting into cyberspace and by killing some cubics, like cleaning a wiredframed room from enemies then resurrection pod will be able to use it without having to go phisically where they are and press the button
or recovering data like doors passcode, emails, logs, etc

bout resurrection pods is just and example :P

this is the idea basically more or less
check http://youtu.be/ELCE6bfdt0w
« Last Edit: 07. July 2014, 00:14:18 by xerxes »
663a35870aa6b
this is the idea basically more or less
check http://youtu.be/ELCE6bfdt0w

Very interesting! :) It wouldn't be difficult, to take a couple cyberspace rooms and place them under (invisible) water, flying around catching cubes. Imo the best way to implement it, would be having a "dark world" that runs parallel to the vanilla levels (and is a cyberspaced version of it).

I can't implement that atm, because of time constraints and cluttering with current features, but that might be the key for a visual overhaul of the "old rigs" and "tears" encounters. Imagine that when you enter a tear, you don't just travel through the cyber tunnel and enter the new world, but 1) first you cross the tunnel, then 2) you enter a cyberspaced crossroads between the 2 timelines, 3) then you tunnel out. Same with hacking the old rigs, I'll have to work on that.

(which is something I've been after, to fix the bug of music stopping after playing a video)
« Last Edit: 07. July 2014, 08:58:37 by xdiesp »

663a35870adeeunn_atropos

663a35870ae50
Here is the minstrel cyberspace. Strangly enough it has no "architecture". Maybe that is something with my shocked settings?

[minstrel_cyberspace.jpg expired]
663a35870b105
Here is the minstrel cyberspace. Strangly enough it has no "architecture". Maybe that is something with my shocked settings?

Nice find! I'll keep this one for a movie scene. To show that part of the level, you have to select the brown room and select "show all".
663a35870b4dc
Very interesting! :) It wouldn't be difficult, to take a couple cyberspace rooms and place them under (invisible) water, flying around catching cubes. Imo the best way to implement it, would be having a "dark world" that runs parallel to the vanilla levels (and is a cyberspaced version of it).

I can't implement that atm, because of time constraints and cluttering with current features, but that might be the key for a visual overhaul of the "old rigs" and "tears" encounters. Imagine that when you enter a tear, you don't just travel through the cyber tunnel and enter the new world, but 1) first you cross the tunnel, then 2) you enter a cyberspaced crossroads between the 2 timelines, 3) then you tunnel out. Same with hacking the old rigs, I'll have to work on that.

(which is something I've been after, to fix the bug of music stopping after playing a video)

:)

well could be a possible asset for future updates hehehe

good job and keep it up  :D   

ur mod is awesome it gives me a complete new experience of SS2  :)
Re: SS2 System Shock Infinite
663a35870b7d6
Patch 1.8 is gonna be for movies and tears, what 1.7 was for animations: more detail, and raising the bar to the next level. Not only there's going to be all kind of remakes, but making the new Korenchkin cutscenes helps me reassest various issues such as dialogue cluttering in Medsci.

And the talks about cyberspace helped CaptainLKL and I a great deal, with figuring out the final details about the Many's subquest. It's going to work on three levels: the Korenchkin events, the Song of the Many subquest to sabotage SHODAN's quest, and a choice system for the Tears.

Korenchkin will appear as a shadowy psi reaver, controlling a human corpse with a damaging aura (like a puppeteer). It chases you down as he speaks, then collapses. You meet him once per deck (save Medsci), plus an extra appearance if you give him the Tear (also in Medsci). If you kill him on the Command deck, you won't be hearing from him anymore.

He taunts and manipulates you into screwing up SHODAN's plans. As to say, you destroy a quest item (air regulators, sim units etc) and the quest instantly completes, albeit without SHODAN's rewards.

When you enter a tear, you will find yourself at a cyberspace crossroads (in the "white void" style). You can choose the timeline to bring back: one for Marie, which saves the crew and removes corpses from the levels; one for the Many, which turns all corpses into eggs (with organs and special implants); one for SHODAN, who rewards you with modules and leaves the corpses in place. Samely, hacking into an old rig sends you to a small cyberspace room where you witness the memory.

edit Below: it would be cool if Tear Space was a hub.
« Last Edit: 09. July 2014, 17:49:43 by xdiesp »
663a35870bd64
Patch 1.8 is gonna be for movies and tears, what 1.7 was for animations: more detail, and raising the bar to the next level. Not only there's going to be all kind of remakes, but making the new Korenchkin cutscenes helps me reassest various issues such as dialogue cluttering in Medsci.

And the talks about cyberspace helped CaptainLKL and I a great deal, with figuring out the final details about the Many's subquest. It's going to work on three levels: the Korenchkin events, the Song of the Many subquest to sabotage SHODAN's quest, and a choice system for the Tears.

Korenchkin will appear as a shadowy psi reaver, controlling a human corpse with a damaging aura (like a puppeteer). It chases you down as he speaks, then collapses. You meet him once per deck (save Medsci), plus an extra appearance if you give him the Tear (also in Medsci). If you kill him on the Command deck, you won't be hearing from him anymore.

He taunts and manipulates you into screwing up SHODAN's plans. As to say, you destroy a quest item (air regulators, sim units etc) and the quest instantly completes, albeit without SHODAN's rewards.

When you enter a tear, you will find yourself at a cyberspace crossroads (in the "white void" style). You can choose the timeline to bring back: one for Marie, which saves the crew and removes corpses from the levels; one for the Many, which turns all corpses into eggs (with organs and special implants); one for SHODAN, who rewards you with modules and leaves the corpses in place. Samely, hacking into an old rig sends you to a small cyberspace room where you witness the memory.

edit Below: it would be cool if Tear Space was a hub.

woow   : D :thumb:
663a35870bf6f
Endings requirements will be rationalized like this:

Common Endings
0-3 Chips                                   -->    Suicide Ending
4-7 Chips                                  -->    Good Ending

Advanced Endings
8 Chips, 8 Tears Marie      -->   Marie Ending
8 Chips, 8 Tears Many      -->    Many Ending
8 Chips, 8 Tears Shodan      -->    Shodan Ending

Achievement Endings
Destroy Shodan by Deck 4      -->    Prequel Ending
Never use Weapon Trainers      -->    Twist Ending
Self destruct the ship                   -->    Nostromo Ending
« Last Edit: 10. July 2014, 09:40:00 by xdiesp »
« Last Edit: 10. July 2014, 15:44:11 by Kolya »

663a35870c191Primitive Primate

663a35870c1e5
Sippin' on orphan tears

663a35870c272Primitive Primate

663a35870c2c0
I'd love to lend my voice to you. Once I'll get a mic I can PM you, yes?
663a35870c460
Thanks for the help! :) See if you can record yourself reading a short sentence, and send over PM. The person who performed as Korenchkin is still around, but it would be good to have a backup.

663a35870c4e6Primitive Primate

663a35870c676
SLAGHTERHOUSE! -> SLAUGHTERHOUSE!
renegades, lead by -> renegades, led by
we shall harbout no more doubts -> we shall have no more doubts
you are too prideful -> you are too proud

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock 2 takes place on the star ship named ...:
1 Guest is here.
Here are all the colours you need for a rabbit.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663a35870c7a7