6647c708198b9

6647c7081aaa5
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS1 Reboot - Alpha Footage Read 1502 times  

6647c7081b361icemann

6647c7081b3da
Duplicate thread. For discussion please visit the original thread here. ~Kolya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdiaIRkjpI0

Footage released today of alpha gameplay.

For the first time we get to see:

* Combat
* Weapon use of the pipe and sparq pistol.
* The enemies implemented so far showing off actual AI (as they actually attack now and chase the player). Though they appear to only have 1 mode to them. So a more scripted style. For example you see mutants standing still examining stuff. If their to go for the style of SS1 and SS2 then something more dynamic be good to see. Especially if there's going to be respawn ecologies at play. Many were just standing around, so be good to see them patrolling more.
* Corpses now have proper models.
* Audio logs now properly play. Character portraits could use some further work. Much it is still placeholder stuff I assume.
* Music, for the first time. Different to SS1's Nine Inch Nails style, but I like what I'm hearing. Though you only get to hear it for about 20-30 seconds, after which it returns to more background noise.
* Redesigned look for the Medical level. Some of it is very different now, whilst others are the same.
* Inventory system + quick slots (located center bottom of screen).
* Player gets to see outside of the station at one point. Looks like a static image. Be nice if you'd see the ring of Saturn slowly moving + space debris, asteroids etc etc.
* The mutants now come with different looks. Some have clothes, and some do not.
* Several of the electronic displays now in. Looking good.
* Repulsor lifts now in.
* Mini-map that fills in (fog of war style) as the player moves about
* Knocking out cameras now reduces the security level.
* CPU cores now in. Though they don't explode when destroyed like they should.

Editing this post as I watch through the 20 minute video.
« Last Edit: 21. March 2019, 16:54:03 by Moderator »
6647c7081b59c
One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of this is WIP: combat, enemy destruction effects, AI, etc. aren't all 100% implemented yet, nor is level design fully finalized, but things are definitely coming along!  This is a great preview, but not necessarily representative of how everything will be done in more mature builds. 

6647c7081b64aicemann

6647c7081b697
Of course. Take my notes, as me just commenting on what is in the current build and my thoughts on them.

6647c7081b8feicemann

6647c7081b94e
That topic was not around when I made this thread :p.

Your welcome to merge the 2 threads.

6647c7081b9f1ZylonBane

6647c7081ba3f
According to the time stamps, the other thread was created about 8 hours before this one.
6647c7081bbe0
I don't see how merging it would create a coherent experience. So we'll just ignore it and never talk about it again, okay?
@icemann Feel free to copy over your list of first times into a new post.

6647c7081bc6bicemann

Acknowledged by: Kolya
6647c7081bde4
Congrats Nightdive. Looking relatively faithful, and pretty good. Would mod.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Synaesthesia, icemann
1 Guest is here.
You just lost. You lost everything.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647c7081bf2d