Citadel - System Shock Fan Remake

7 Guests are here.
◀◀Page: 164/299▶▶
6647edb09605f
icemannQuote
There's certainly more than 1. I remember finding 1 near the radioactive trenches in the medical level. Right near the secret door.
6647edb0961da
JosiahJackQuote
Heh, ya dertseha is right.  I forgot there is only 1 audio log that doesn't have audio and it isn't on paper, the one I mention having already.

In which case, I merely need the content and location of the papers you can't pick up.
6647edb096445
JosiahJackQuote

Quote by icemann:
There's certainly more than 1. I remember finding 1 near the radioactive trenches in the medical level. Right near the secret door.
What secret door??
6647edb096613
JosiahJackQuote
Just a quick recap of the last few weeks:
Added reloading...you hit R and it reloads  :P. Still need to add HUD button for unload and picking ammo type, though I've already coded the functions.  Should I add a hotkey for changing ammo type or leave it as a button you need to do in inventory mode?

Ereader basic functionality is done: you can pick up, play logs from particular levels, read the text, and see the sender, date, and subject in the data tab in the corner.  It even has basic file/folder structure in the HUD.

MFD manager for the two corner HUD panels is about 95% done now.  Still have a few more cases where I need to make sure it remembers the last used tab and last side that the player used it on.  This lets you pick and keep, e.g. weapons in one corner and another tab open on the other side of the screen such as the automap (automap on hold until level geometry enhancement pass is complete more on that in the news post coming soon).

Added some basic logic functions, such has having buttons or keypads open doors, and added a Security level manager that doors and panels can refer to for when security needs to be below a certain threshhold to let you use them.

NPC AI is working well for the hopper.  A few more things to tweak on the hopper (purely ranged npc), back add them to the humanoid mutant (purely melee npc), then spread my AI code like a beautiful virus to the rest of the enemies.

Getting there!  :headshot:
Acknowledged by: dertseha
6647edb096b7d
dertsehaQuote

Quote by JosiahJack:
What secret door??
First of all, which one are you asking for? :sly: There is more than one secret door in the "blue" area between the "resist" door and the wire-puzzle forcebridge.

Quote by JosiahJack:
In which case, I merely need the content and location of the papers you can't pick up.

There are 11 paper texts in the resources, of which one is a dummy, and another (with ID 8 ) is an unused copy of SHODAN's email taunt when setting the reactor.
The 9 used paper texts are used as follows: (first three digits are the classification, then the level number, object index in the respective master table, tile X/Y, and the lone byte in the dump shows the text ID).

Code:
08/0/02 L00 o332 44-29: [ .. .. 02 .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ]
08/0/02 L01 o480 42-39: [ .. .. 03 .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ]
08/0/02 L01 o717 12-37: [ .. .. 09 .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ]
08/0/02 L02 o106 18-20: [ .. .. 05 .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ]
08/0/02 L02 o372 42-13: [ .. .. 06 .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ]
08/0/02 L02 o514 22-40: [ .. .. 0A .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ]
08/0/02 L06 o530 39-41: [ .. .. 01 .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ]
08/0/02 L06 o531 55-49: [ .. .. 04 .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ]
08/0/02 L06 o551 12-20: [ .. .. 07 .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ]
As for the content, I recommend downloading and using one of the modding tools - say, from InkyBlackness - for extracting the text ;)
◀◀Page: 164/299▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact