🔒 SCP Beta 3 Issue Reporting

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/38▶▶
6633d70d73e53
ZylonBaneQuote
Submit all SCP Beta 3 bug reports here (google doc, slightly wip).

v47: Before you report a problem, make triple sure that you have patched up with the latest SS2tool (with no manual tweaks to the cfg and ini files) and are running a clean install of Beta3 - if you want to report an issue you found in Beta1, Beta2, or even vanilla, you can, but you need to make sure it still exists in Beta3 before submitting. Our time is precious - anyone polluting the report sheet with old bugs that have been fixed long ago may find themselves riding the banwagon for a couple of days.
6633d70d742d9
Join2Quote
Difficulty: Impossible
Other mods: everything under the newbie modding guide.
Testing focus: minimal. You've got System Shocked. I want to enjoy the game and mods.
Current location: after BOTM cutscene in engineering B.

-Subtle z-fighting with blood texture on a bed in the room in medsci2 immediately after using the keycard - opposite the room with the broken 'nade launcher.
-Psi hypo on top of stack of crates in medsci 1 turret trap room appears to have a finicky collision (for frobbing). Maybe. Didn't really test much.
-Stepping over the toilet drain that is revealed after smashing toilets drops your height a touch? Probably a good thing really to represent putting your foot in the hole.
-A few low-res/low-poly assets you're likely well aware of, such as the small yellow pipe mesh occasionally encountered around medsci has low res skin.
-Animating/interpolating cargo doors in engB do not block line of sight nor bullets...has no collision. If no solution to hand, perhaps speed up the open/close time a little to better hide the fact.
-Not ripped the weapon reload animation improvements from secmod?

Possibly outside SCP's scope or not possible with no SDK:

-Melee weapons are the only held objects that have no running animation?
-Still thrown about aggressively when spawning into a new level.
-Still floaty player physics, even on the earth level ruling out an excuse of modified gravity.
-New Dark mantling angles seem a bit off sometimes.
-Running Headbob probably too subtle. Crouch bob is fine though.
-Large/heavy fragments should maybe deal minor (1hp) damage to the player if falling from above? Smacked a vent above and a large fragment hit me to no effect.
-AI still running at and not attacking if player is backpedaling. Even if they did their attack probably wouldn't be enough to reach though. I guess that explains Secmod's super hybrids.

Community note: maybe R&R&Rs EMP rifle should be bundled with tacticool or referenced separately in the newbie modding guide, or a link provided on the tacticool page? Sure it's a notable style change but the vanilla model isn't worth much and it's important to have consistency among the weapons in terms of graphical quality.

If by that you mean focus on changing the gameplay, that's the exact opposite of what SCP is about.

Your Tank and Cybernetically-able style balance upgrades and other such tweaks, you'd better remove them in that case...in all seriousness more stuff along those lines would be nice. By the way on impossible Tank 10hp may be a bit much. That's double your default HP. Any way to make Tank scale based on difficulty mode? Say 12-10-8-6 respectively?

Anyhow, good job. Definitely does as advertised, and is pretty much flawless in those goals. I just wish "System Shock 2 but better" also applied to the gameplay.  But I recall mention of a possible SCP+ fork in the future, so maybe I'll get my wish.

Edit: Ah right, this thread for the reports.
6633d70d74817
Dj 127Quote

Quote by Join usss!:
By the way on impossible Tank 10hp may be a bit much. That's double your default HP. Any way to make Tank scale based on difficulty mode? Say 12-10-8-6 respectively?

Tank's usefulness always raised with the difficulty level of System Shock 2, so I don't see this as too big a problem. Personally I think Impossible gives you too much low starting health to be honest, you should be able to survive atleast 1 pipe hybrid hit for lord's sake!
6633d70d749c4
Join2Quote
Pretty sure you can survive the occasional hit. Pipe hybrids are not really a threat once you figure them out though. The old fencing step-in-out attack with good timing ensures you pretty much never get hit.

Tank's usefulness always raised with the difficulty level of System Shock 2, so I don't see this as too big a problem.

A problem nonetheless. And double default health on impossible may be too useful. Hard to say though as I haven't invested anything in endurance and the like to see how well health scales on this difficulty yet. (first time running impos).
6633d70d74b73
voodoo47Quote
collision might not be perfect on many doors, but pretty sure they do have physics. also, that's pretty much the point with Tank on impossible.

and we need to create a new google doc before System Shocked starts doing his thing.
Acknowledged by: Dj 127
Page: 1/38▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact