🔒 SCP Beta 3 Issue Reporting

1 Guest is here.
66472d73173ac
Dj 127Quote

Quote by Join usss!:
Pretty sure you can survive the occasional hit.

With pipe hybrids on Impossible and default Endurance you can't, no. Not until you get atleast light combat armor or use the first level Psi shield.

Quote by Join usss!:
Pipe hybrids are not really a threat once you figure them out though. The old fencing step-in-out attack with good timing ensures you pretty much never get hit.

I'm very familiar with how the AI of every enemy works, and no it's not as reliable as you're making it out to be. There are instances where a pipe hybrid can easily back you into a corner and get a guaranteed hit at you. One good example is the Engineering corridors.

Quote by Join usss!:
Hard to say though as I haven't invested anything in endurance and the like to see how well health scales on this difficulty yet. (first time running impos).

Every point of Endurance gives you only 3 health points. So yeah, Tank has always been supposed to be a big HP boost for the higher difficulties, because on Normal and especially Easy 10 or 5 HP doesn't make much of a difference at all.
66472d7317854
Join2Quote
I'm very familiar with how the AI of every enemy works, and no it's not as reliable as you're making it out to be. There are instances where a pipe hybrid can easily back you into a corner and get a guaranteed hit at you. One good example is the Engineering corridors.

solution: don't get yourself backed into a corner, else suffer the consequences.

Every point of Endurance gives you only 3 health points. So yeah, Tank has always been supposed to be a big HP boost for the higher difficulties, because on Normal and especially Easy 10 or 5 HP doesn't make much of a difference at all.

Hence make it scale based on difficulty if possible. 10hp is probably too much on impos. if endurance boosts by 3 as you say.

Quote by voodoo47:
collision might not be perfect on many doors, but pretty sure they do have physics.

I gunned down a hybrid through an opening cargo door, four single shot pistol shots throughout its lengthy opening animation, each bullet passing through it to the highlighted hybrid on the other side.
66472d7317e18
DjantQuote

Quote by Join usss!:
solution: don't get yourself backed into a corner, else suffer the consequences.

Easy to say, not always possible to do.

Besides, the whole point of having a health mechanic is to be able to make a few mistakes and still survive. Having the vast majority of early game attacks you face be insta kills goes counter to that.

Quote by Join usss!:
Hence make it scale based on difficulty if possible. 10hp is probably too much on impos. if endurance boosts by 3 as you say.

Meh, you're wasting an OS upgrade just to be able to take 2 or so hits more, 10 HP sounds right to me. Especially since that 10 HP goes down like a blaze with later enemies.
66472d73183ab
ZylonBaneQuote
Making fundamental changes to how gameplay systems work is out of scope for SCP. We tweak the numbers on existing systems, and even then only where the default numbers are useless or nonsensical.

I really don't understand why some people have such a hard time grasping this.

Quote by Join usss!:
-Animating/interpolating cargo doors in engB do not block line of sight nor bullets...has no collision.
I just ran through and checked all the cargo bay doors, and they all have correctly sized and configured physics models and block bullets just fine.
66472d73184b6
chickenheadQuote
You guys are so awesome.

EDIT:
wrong board. dang it.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact