🔒 SCP Beta 3 Issue Reporting

1 Guest is here.
66473bf7e12e5
Join2Quote
Regarding power armor, could 20% battery-less defense be a bit much? It's an exceptionally good armor now with very low requirement to use. Sure somewhere down the line I'm going to have to put the occasional portable battery into it, but currently it seems to have become the de-facto best armor, unless the annelid armor is notably better. Vanilla I'd just stick with the medium armor mostly out of choice, but now it seems power is go-to.
Anyway I was thinking 10 or 15% battery-less defense may be better, so that it has more notable downside and therefore raising the relevance of medium armor and annelid armor.

I'd better play some more and experiment with all the armor types first before giving any opinion, actually.
66473bf7e16ec
DjantQuote

Quote by Join usss!:
I'd better play some more and experiment with all the armor types first before giving any opinion, actually.

Yeah,  power armor giving 20% damage reduction uncharged doesn't really unbalance the game. The "basic" armors, Light, Medium and Heavy, are all supposed to give increasingly higher and reliable protection for a rising Strength cost. Light armor is the most basic form of armor and only meant to help you out a little early on. Medium armor gives more protection, 30% reduction, and heavy armor gives the most you can get reliably without using power, 40%. Power armor gives 50% protection and also minor resistance to radiation and toxin, 10% reduction, but consumes energy very fast. Hazard suits give 80% protection from toxins and radiation but have no other benefits, they're clearly meant to be used only for the highly irradiated areas. The wormskin armor is not exactly notable for its protection as it is for its huge boost to PSI. At a PSI of 6, it basically gives you a free overcharge on all your abilities. I know that it gives decent protection against toxins and radiation though, probably around 40% reduction or something.
66473bf7e1883
voodoo47Quote
-currently, wormskin is basically medium armor plus half the rad suit with the psi boost on top. a significant boost vs vanilla, but something found so late in the game shouldn't be as weak.
-pretty sure those ops3 grates were fixed a million years ago.
-the rapier humming sound has been toned down intentionally as it was annoying. ANNOYING. A.N.N.O.Y.I.N.G!
-spiders kind of suck sometimes.
-bumping up item requirements is out of scope.
66473bf7e19a4
📱 KolyaQuote
How about a mini mod to reduce the rapier volume?
Acknowledged by: Join usss!
66473bf7e1c3a
MarvinQuote
Open the wav file in a sound editor, adjust global volume, done. Takes half a minute.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact