🔒 DML Limitations

1 Guest is here.
6647ee71e85b1
ThiefsieFoolQuote
I would link the electricity projectile to both settings, then edit the Gun - Base Gun Description property to increase the Stim Mult of the secondary fire, that should work to give it more damage since Stim Mult is used by gun modifications to boost the gun's damage.
You can't boost the effect radius this way sadly but you can do weird stuff like boosting the speed of the projectile with Speed Mult.
6647ee71e8705
Yankee ClipperQuote
I tried that at first, but I was doing it wrong. The lowly pistol setup gave me the right answer: setup the "Setting" number as -1 instead of either 0 or 1.

Any ideas on how to get the little picture and text in the ammo display right? An unmodded emp rifle shows a little lightning bolt in the ammo display plus the text "EMP". Once modded, the display has no picture or text. For now, I would like to keep the lightning bolt, but have the text say "ELEC".

6647ee71e87dc
ThiefsieFoolQuote
I think the projectile or the ammunition has Obj - Object Icon and Obj - Object Name properties for that.
6647ee71e8875
OmegaDEATHQuote
Ok if I'm reading this right, the dml system can change in game variables or scripting?
6647ee71e899f
voodoo47Quote
dmls can do what the Shocked editor does, but only with objects and with some additional limitations.

you don't really need to read this unless you plan to create mods or tweak existing ones.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact