🔒 DML Limitations

1 Guest is here.
664867c712829
OmegaDEATHQuote
I'm sorry if i'm anoying as hell.

I really need to make a sort of headtracking work for my project.
Just learning ss2 modding while I am at it.

But yeah opened some .dml's and saw what u mean "in game object config files"
664867c7129fa
voodoo47Quote
my recommendation would be - get to know Shocked a bit before jumping on the dml bandwagon. will make things much easier to understand. when I make dmls, I always try the fix out in the editor, and when everything works, export it into the dml, then test whether it really works when applied by dml (see the first post).
Acknowledged by: OmegaDeath
664867c712ed3
Yankee ClipperQuote

Quote by voodoo47:

- there are limits on what you can do with an object that has physics, you will not be able to move an object which has physics, and you won't be able to modify any physics related properties (like radius) by regular means.

I just found the hard way that this isn't exactly true...

You can move objects that have physics - they just won't stay moved. One minute they are where you put them and the next they are back where they came from. Was just going to ask for a clue when the answer was here all along.
664867c712fce
voodoo47Quote
I actually know about that - they will snap back to their orig position as soon as they collide with another physics object. the workaround (as mentioned) is to strip the phystype away, move the object, then readd phystype again (but only OBB/6). probably not too recommended, so it shouldn't be done unless absolutely necessary.
664867c713064
Yankee ClipperQuote
I wanted to do it, therefore it was absolutely necessary.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact