🔒 DML Limitations

1 Guest is here.
664837c04fea9
ZylonBaneQuote
Well there's no good way to take that!
664837c050182
RocketManQuote
I wanted to see what happens when you mix ammonia and bleach.  Therefore...
664837c050658
Yankee ClipperQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
- there are limits on what you can do with an object that has physics, you will not be able to move an object which has physics, and you won't be able to modify any physics related properties (like radius) by regular means.

- you can work around this partially by removing the PhysType from the object, moving it to the desired location, and then assigning a PhysType to it again. do note that when you do this, the PhysType you assign in the end always needs to be OBB (submodels 6), if you try anything else, the object will end up with no physics (no explanation, it just works that way).

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this is not completely accurate. I have moved the SFG in the armory on medsci2 with no complications.

Code:
-ObjProp 587 "PhysType"
+ObjProp 587 "Position"
{
"Location" -91.1102, 21.9362, 3.97595
"Heading" 4000
}
+ObjProp 587 "PhysType"
{
"Type" Sphere
"# Submodels" 1
"Remove on Sleep" FALSE
"Special" FALSE
}

The SFG ends up behind the force field protected closet a few rooms away, on the shelf next to the armor. I can pick it up and use it without complications.
664837c0507e7
voodoo47Quote
it's still not working, but in this case, the limitation will not cause any serious problems. basically, the SFG will just end up with no physics (even though you assigned sphere), meaning it won't be affected by physical force (explosions and similar). you will still be able to pick it up, and once you do that, all potential problems will be gone, as once you drop it, the physprops will get reinherited from the archetype.

try moving a turret if you want to break things.
664837c05091b
Yankee ClipperQuote
I don't want to break things. I think the Heavy weapons category is setup all backwards. The SFG should be the entry level weapon. You freeze the bad guy and then go beat on him with the wrench. The grenade launcher is the uber weapon in that class and should be setup as the level 6. Leaving the fusion cannon at something like 3, I guess. Anyway, I was playing around with tweaking the SFG and I wanted to move it out of the armory to make it available from very early on.

Would the SFG or any other weapon be affected in some way by physical force? I'm trying to think of a situation where that would be true, but I can't think of anything that applies. Even if a weapon is sitting next to an explosion, they don't even get moved an inch, do they?

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact