🔒 DML Limitations

1 Guest is here.
66481e2bb72a0
voodoo47Quote
they do, but not very much, afaik. that's why I'm saying, not having physics on a weapon in the world is ok for all practical purposes - you have to be really, really observant to notice the difference.

so if you want to dml move a weapon, feel free to - should carry very little risk, if any.
66481e2bb75da
Yankee ClipperQuote
What is used as the escape character in DML scripting? I have a string I am trying to modify, but the string contains some quotation marks. The entry from objlooks.str:

gren_launcher:"The TC-11 Grenade Launcher requires a Heavy Weapons skill of 1 in order to use.  The first modification to this weapon increases the clip size, while the second increases the speed of the grenades and reduces the reload time.  Neither modification significantly affects grenade damage.  The TC-11 \"Brick\" can launch a wide variety of ordnance, from standard high-explosive, to proximity detection rounds, EMP, or White Phosphorus incendiary.  Creative souls have been know to jury rig other types of ammo.  Unlike the earlier generations of launchers, The TC-11 utilizes a reverse polarization magnetic launching mechanism instead of compressed gas."

should be changed with this command:

+ObjProp -21 "ObjLookS" = GrenLauncher: "The TC-11 Grenade Launcher requires a Strength of 4 and a Heavy Weapons skill of 6 in order to use.  The first modification to this weapon increases the clip size, while the second increases the speed of the grenades and reduces the reload time.  Neither modification significantly affects grenade damage.  The TC-11 \"Brick\" can launch a wide variety of ordnance, from standard high-explosive, to proximity detection rounds, EMP, or White Phosphorus incendiary.  Creative souls have been know to jury rig other types of ammo.  Unlike the earlier generations of launchers, The TC-11 utilizes a reverse polarization magnetic launching mechanism instead of compressed gas."

But, in the game, the string is truncated to:

The TC-11 Grenade Launcher requires a Strength of 4 and a Heavy Weapons skill of 6 in order to use.  The first modification to this weapon increases the clip size, while the second increases the speed of the grenades and reduces the reload time.  Neither modification significantly affects grenade damage.  The TC-11 \

The backslash [\] works as an escape character in the file but not in the dml script.
66481e2bb76d5
voodoo47Quote
\" is probably what is causing the problems. I think you will have to avoid those.
66481e2bb77e9
Yankee ClipperQuote
No, the quotation mark is the problem. In the file, the backslash let the engine know that the coming quotation mark is not the end of the string. The backslash notifies the engine to just quote the quotation mark instead of treating it like the end of the string. But, the backslash is not having that effect with the dml. Instead, the engine considers the backslash as part of the quote and then ends the quote when it hits the next quotation mark in the middle of the string. There must be some other character that is used as the escape character in the dml script. At least I hope there is, otherwise it would be impossible to have a quotation mark inside a string.

66481e2bb78ad
voodoo47Quote
I've never tried it, but that might just be the case - basically the syntax of dml clashing with the syntax of strings. not sure whether something can be done.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact