📌 DMM - Dark engine Mod Manager

5 Guests are here.
6647f1b425b27
MarvinQuote
@ZylonBane https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?wap2;topic=11692.msg140131#msg140131

Certainly doable, but sounds to me as if NewDark exposing config variables for modding would be a much cleaner and generic solution. Is there any chance LeCorbeau would do smth like that?

6647f1b425ea7
voodoo47Quote
so yeah, to make this do what needs to be done in the T1 environment, two more features will be needed, most likely. the first one should be easy - a Disable (pause, perhaps?) All button, that would disable (and also re-enable) the entire cam_mod.ini modpath, prefixes, suffixes, everything in one swoop. will be needed for fan missions that are absolutely incompatible with everything.

the second one is probably more annoying - a T1 mode, which would add a prefix to every mod path being added. something like this (regular mode first, then T1 mode);

application.Thief1Mode 0
pop NecroAge (extracted) and Candles to the DMM folder, run manager, enable them, cam_mod.ini looks like this

Code:
.\DMM\CANDLES+.\DMM\NecroAge
application.Thief1Mode 1
pop NecroAge (extracted) and Candles to the DMM folder, run manager, enable them, cam_mod.ini now looks like this

Code:
.\DMM\CANDLES\Thief1+.\DMM\CANDLES+.\DMM\NecroAge\Thief1+.\DMM\NecroAge
so basically, every mod added would also automatically have a path set that would look for a Thief1 folder inside that mod, and load whatever is there with higher priority than the mod itself. a T1 autopatch folder, pretty much.

pros - future proof, any mod created in the future can have a T1 patch integrated if need be, and everything will work properly without having to mess around patches for mods manually (as we know, this is very less than ideal, as users will inevitably mess it up, that's why I got rid of patches for mods in the SS2 environment wherever I could). cons - extra code in the manager, but as far as I can tell, Thief1/Gold will always need some special handling somewhere, and I think the least bad option would be to let the manager handle it.

@Marvin, doable?
6647f1b425f88
MarvinQuote
Doable always, sensical, let me think about it (annual winter holidays).
6647f1b426036
voodoo47Quote
of course - thanks.
6647f1b4260d1
MarvinQuote
No, I've not forgotten, no, don't have the time right now. :-/

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact