🔒 Tool for converting Ultima Underworld and Shock 1 Levels into Unity.

1 Guest is here.
6648376e6903d
Join2Quote
Nah, keep the updates few and far between. An hour writing updates every day adds up. Fuck that. It's horrible for the player and the developer, as the player has to wait longer for actual development of the project, and the developer is wasting an hour of potential dev time each day on boring updates. Plus a large portion of content is not even good for show and tell. I don't want to hear the details on the process of Hank or JJ importing and supporting Shock's fonts, or the boring technical issues they ran into trying to replicate a particular lighting effect. Well, you and I do, as we do similar game dev type work, but most don't.

Would be nice if Hank popped in once in a while as he used to though, but he's seemingly ditched shock (for now, at least) and is focusing on Underworld. wise choice.

6648376e6918c
icemannQuote
Oh I wasn't saying to be spending an hour each day to type up an update. I only meant like once a month / few months.
6648376e6927d
hank morganQuote
Apologies for anyone that is on tenterhooks waiting for news. I'm really bad at doing updates but I am still plugging away. I'll either write up something on where I am with things before the end of the month and/or maybe attempt a play-through video.
Acknowledged by: icemann
6648376e693d5
hank morganQuote
As promised a video.  Warts and all this is an attempted speedrun on the critical path with a roided up character. I hit a dead-end about 10 minutes from beating the game due to an inventory bug. Sigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DZj3eWP9cw

Major new/improved recent features
+AI now use original game goals and goal targets. Under the right conditions they can follow you as an ally or fight each other (this was in the original game but difficult to trigger)
+AI Ranged combat & magic spells
+Hit rolls and other RPG bits. Not really tuned so far.
+Better targeting by enemies
+Stealth based on range and sneak skill when an AI is hostile but not actively targeting the player
+Save/Load (slow)
+Context sensitive UI when interacting with objects as in the video.

Acknowledged by 2 members: icemann, Join usss!
6648376e6961d
MarvinQuote
Very nice, although I have no idea how you can stand the garish green/red dialogue text.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact