🔒 Tool for converting Ultima Underworld and Shock 1 Levels into Unity.

1 Guest is here.
664878c06cd91
hank morganQuote
Just dropping in to note that I've enabled basic loading of SS1 data from the original game files in my working environment. It's fairly basic stuff. Just the level geometry, textures, sprite art and objects in their correct positions (z-pos is not quite right for reasons I can't grok).
Just enough so I can show that the process can work.
664878c06cf33
hank morganQuote
Haven't posted in a while. Between taking a short break from the project (playing Prey & Hitman 2016) and then having spent most of the development time working on fiddly file research stuff means I haven't had much to show off.
So since I last posted I spent a most of the time looking at the save game format of the original underworld and filling out the gaps in what is documented. So following a bit of trial and error I know have a mostly working save game system that is backwards compatible with the originals. So I can both load a save game that has been created in vanilla underworld and also save a game that can be loaded within vanilla underworld. There are a few gaps in my knowledge of the data and conversation data is not working correctly (due to the way conversations are currently set up) but I'm overall happy with progress in this area.

Image: http://imgur.com/a/2OKrI
664878c06d124
JosiahJackQuote
 8)  :thumb:
Acknowledged by 2 members: icemann, dertseha
664878c06d231
icemannQuote
Very impressive.
Acknowledged by: Join usss!
664878c06d2dc
EricQuote
Where doe's the UW1.zip folder go?