🔒 Tool for converting Ultima Underworld and Shock 1 Levels into Unity.

1 Guest is here.
6648545b590de
hank morganQuote
Hi,

just dropping by for a general update. Things are progressing well and I'm currently working through a Underworld 1 focused test plan with the goal of an proper public release of a working Underworld 1 game. I'm very hopeful of this release happening in August.

Since I last posted the main highlights are
+Implementation of a "virtual machine" for interpreting and running Underworld 1 & 2 conversations
+Underworld 2 support has advanced a small bit and a number of underworld 2 features are now implemented including basic loading of Underworld 2 save games.
+Loads of under the hood bug fixes and improvements.
+Almost complete loading of original game files.
+Full save game compatibility with Underworld 1 (including all auto-map information and a load of previously undocumented plot flags.

Quote by Eric:
Where doe's the UW1.zip folder go?

Anywhere. Just unzip. Change the config.txt files to point to your UW install as described in the included instructions and run UW1.exe
Acknowledged by: Marvin
6648545b592a2
icemannQuote
I've never played through all of Ultima Underworld 1 or 2. Will have to give the first game another attempt when this is done.

Another one added to the todo list.
6648545b59521
MarvinQuote
UW1 is an all-time great and still very fun to play. UW2 is a much less coherent, disjointed experience but still worth a try.
6648545b59667
Al_BQuote
They're both great games.  There's no doubt that UW1 has a much tighter focus in its plot and level design but I really enjoy the variety in the UW2 locations.  Of the two I have gone back to the second game far more often than the first.

(Basically, play both of them :))
6648545b5982c
hank morganQuote
I'm feeling brave today.

Release 1.0 of Underworld Exporter (UWE)

https://github.com/hankmorgan/UnderworldExporter/releases/tag/v1.0

Fully playable Ultima Underworld 1, partially playable Underworld 2, map viewer for System Shock 1 and Terra Nova SFC.
Requires original game files to play.
Acknowledged by 5 members: Kolya, Marvin, voodoo47, Join usss!, dertseha

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact