🔒 SS2 Visual Configuration (Cam Config) bloom, mipmap etc.

1 Guest is here.
6649848cd2632
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by StixsmasterHD:
...without letting anything go overkill.
Image: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884100108132422150/E9B05209170D066DF1FD874E1A02362C1EF80E6E/

Riiiiiight.
6649848cd27a7
ShinobiQuote
It's colourful, but... definitely not undertweaked, shall we say :D

I am quite curious as to what most would recommend as optimal. I've left everything the same as GOG default (which, I assume, was NewDark default when I played on my non-GOG 2.4) except the bloom settings, for which I used Kolya's recommendations on the Newbie Modding Guide. Which I think are optimal.

I did notice saturation and other settings, and I've read something about new lightmaps being made for certain things, but I don't actually know what that means for me as someone who has fired up ShockEd only twice in his lifetime, both time to immediately quit thinking "fuck that, nope, I'm not THAT patient". I have however played Christine's FMs with LarkSS' add-ons, and they look better, but I can't put my finger on how. I just know it involves lighting somehow.

6649848cd2bde
voodoo47Quote

Quote by StixsmasterHD:
If ya want I can help ya to make your game like this?
no, thanks.
6649848cd2e9e
MarvinQuote
Games that were developed with bloom and HDR in mind can usually be configured to look quite well. SS2 is not one of those games, I never enable these things. Stixsmaster's screens remind me of this. It can always get worse, of course.
6649848cd315c
StixsmasterHDQuote

Quote by Marvin:
Games that were developed with bloom and HDR in mind can usually configure to look quite well. SS2 is not one of those games, I never enable these things. Stixsmaster's screens remind me of this. It can always get worse, of course.

Naw the screens in the OP's first post here remind me of this more so than mine do. Actually OP's first post's screens remind me more so along the lines of this.

IMHO my pics give bloom respectively where youd expect it. Not where you wouldnt.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact