SS2 vurt's png hires space with Earth

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/5▶▶
66336ba77b5df
voodoo47Quote
Tags: °texture °SS2

this is the classic vurt's hires space that has been released for DDFix, converted to pngs with the Earth texture added (you have to be either using ADAOB or SCP, or the station map attached to this topic, else the Earth texture will not show up at all). do note that a newer version of the space textures is already out, but someone might still prefer the png version (probably a bit less taxing on the gpu), plus the earth texture only exists in the png version (for now).

load with the modmanager just like any other mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN82pHdtzcI

[Update by miracle.freak]
I loved the Earth texture on orbital station but I could not get past the feeling how far the Earth is considering we are orbiting it. I have rescaled it on the original texture and uploaded here along a screenshot as bigearth.7z - single texture only - you need to put in on top of the full package.
66336ba77b78f
rcccQuote
Great! Thank you, I really like it.
66336ba77bab8
vurtQuote
.dds have mipmaps and compression, main reason why its used in most games. .png probably looks a bit better (but more aliasing because of the lack of mipmaps). You'll always see the original image and not any of the lower res mip maps, in return it will take up more vram than a .dds.

Also, i did not do the nice earth texture here, full credits too voodoo for that one :)

66336ba77bbaa
voodoo47Quote
yeah, hackity hack copy copity paste as usual, but hey, whatever works. I still have the earth texture somewhere with the outer glow already done, maybe I should attempt to add it to the dds version as well. I'm a bit uncomfortable when working with unfamiliar texture formats though, and gimp seems to dislike it a bit as well (warnings when attempting to save. plus I don't know what kind of compression should I choose).
66336ba77bc72
ShinobiQuote
All a bit confusing... which is best for quality? Png or dds? I've got the space one from other thread. DDS I believe.

I now have ADaoB and want the texture. But already have the dds space textures. If I overwrite with png from here will I get better quality space along with the earth?
Page: 1/5▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact