System Shock mouselook/key mapping/high resolution mod (DOS/Classic)

9 Guests are here.
6647dacb49022
Malba TahanQuote

Quote by Marvin:
Is it possible to assign one key to two seperate commands? For example, assigning "a" to "Strafe Left" in mouselook mode and "Turn Left" in normal mode?
No, it's not possible. The mod uses System Shock's internal function (which I call "regkeyproc") to bind key events to commands. It let's you bind the same key to different commands in different gamestates, but mouselook mode is not a different gamestate.
6647dacb49322
MarvinQuote
Mmh, too bad.

Cyberspace movement could be tweaked a little, with mouselook enabled I feel like a drunken puck being bumped around.  :p
6647dacb49557
Malba TahanQuote

Quote by Marvin:
Mmh, too bad.

Cyberspace movement could be tweaked a little, with mouselook enabled I feel like a drunken puck being bumped around.  :p
Yeah, I forgot to mention it. Cyberspace movement proved to be a little tricky, and I couldn1t figure out how to do it properly it. However, I believe mouselook in cyberspace would screw up its "nature" a little bit. Maybe mouselook movment in cyberspace should be similar to a "flight simulator" style, but I'm not sure about it.
6647dacb49711
Malba TahanQuote
Anyone knows how to use 4shared? I tried to replace the file with a new version, but now I have 2 files, and the new one is name "(2) XCDSHOCK.ZIP". Anyway, here's the new link to download it:
http://www.4shared.com/file/214671141/c9a6bd6/_2__XCDSHOCK.html
I've included the experimental 1280x1024 resolution. I call it experimental because it doesn't work for me, neither on WinXP nor on Dosbox. In dosbox the game hangs after mode switching. But ToxicFrog's patched EXE for 1280x1024 hangs on my machine too, so I guess I'm in the right direction.  :p
Next thing to do is to improve mouselook in cyberspace.
[(2) XCDSHOCK.ZIP expired]
6647dacb49874
KolyaQuote
As soon as you register here, I'll give you uploader permissions. Unfortunately I can't check that resolution on my netbook...  :paranoid:

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact