System Shock mouselook/key mapping/high resolution mod (DOS/Classic)

7 Guests are here.
6647c87ba2905
RocketManQuote
The latest revision broke the game.....the download on the first post works for me but updating it prevents the game from loading now.  Maybe it's just my computer?
6647c87ba2b45
MarvinQuote
The new version requires dos4gw - hasn't that been redundant for a long time?

1280*1024 works, but the game halts afterwards.
6647c87ba2f4b
Malba TahanQuote

Quote by Marvin:
The new version requires dos4gw - hasn't that been redundant for a long time?
Oops... I switched from OpenWatcom to Watcom 9.5b and forgot to link the extender stub in... I'll fix it soon.

Quote by Marvin:
1280*1024 works, but the game halts afterwards.
Yes, it happens to me too. Did you have any success with ToxicForg's 1280x1024 patch by the way?
6647c87ba31e5
MarvinQuote

Quote by Malba Tahan:
Yes, it happens to me too. Did you have any success with ToxicForg's 1280x1024 patch by the way?
At one point, yeah, I think so ... but that changed from time to time.  Maybe I'm not the right one to ask here, though, because Win7x64 is a nightmare in terms of DOS compatibility.  And seeing that DOSBox lags considerably in 1024*768, any higher resolution can be safely ignored in my opinion.

On another note: Do you really plan to add multiplayer? Of course, no one thought even mouselook would be possible without access to the original source code, but coop? Phew. Not that I didn't dream of it, of course. :D
6647c87ba32be
vrapQuote
Could someone help me getting this to work? I can get SSP to run after replacing the .exe and .cfg, the game starts up and is playable, but I see no difference in the mouse functionality. What am I missing?

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact