6645779813f95

1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Christine FM2: UNN Nightwalker v3
Page: « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Read 123378 times  

Re: SS2 Christine FM2: UNN Nightwalker v2
6645779814d93
Everything should happen automatically. Try walking around the cell a bit if you haven't already.

I've restarted it three times and get the same results...I get the opening cutscenes...I end up
in the holding cell...I see the guard patrolling down the hallway...I move forward a few steps
and in the middle of screen is "Day 1 UNN Nightwalker"...After that nothing happens...I'm
trapped in the cell! LOL Is there suppose to be another cut scene or something that gets
me out of cell??? Maybe the file that controls the event isn't working or is corrupt???...
Can you tell me which file it is and maybe I can try replacing or downloading another copy???

Thanx!

MD...

66457798151a5Enchantermon

Try replacing earth.mis.
What should happen is that approximately five seconds after the message appears, you will get another loading screen, and then appear to be back in the cell again. But if you walk around a bit the second time also, then things will progress.
I've attached my copy of earth.mis which is confirmed to work. Download it and replace yours with it; we'll see if that fixes the problem.

[attachment removed]
« Last Edit: 28. January 2013, 01:12:03 by Kolya »
Try replacing earth.mis.
What should happen is that approximately five seconds after the message appears, you will get another loading screen, and then appear to be back in the cell again. But if you walk around a bit the second time also, then things will progress.
I've attached my copy of earth.mis which is confirmed to work. Download it and replace yours with it; we'll see if that fixes the problem.

Unfortunately no...I'm going to assume since I just finished playing Ponterbee Station
that I must've screwed up something when unzipping the files for UNN Nightwalker
into my SystemShock folder...Do I need to delete all the old Ponterbee Station files
out first or can I simply overwrite them and leave the others files that weren't
overwritten alone???

664577981564aEnchantermon

I don't know if this is causing your problem, but when playing FMs, you should always uninstall one before installing another. So yes, you should have deleted all of Ponterbee Station's files before unzipping Nightwalker into your folder.
This is one of the reasons the SS2 Mod Manager exists; all you do is click one button to install a mod or FM, and another button to uninstall it.
So for you: delete all files that came with Ponterbee Station and Nightwalker. Then unzip Nightwalker into your SS2 directory. If you still have the problem, uninstall SS2 completely, reinstall, then go download the mod manager and use that.
66457798159a9
I don't know if this is causing your problem, but when playing FMs, you should always uninstall one before installing another. So yes, you should have deleted all of Ponterbee Station's files before unzipping Nightwalker into your folder.
This is one of the reasons the SS2 Mod Manager exists; all you do is click one button to install a mod or FM, and another button to uninstall it.
So for you: delete all files that came with Ponterbee Station and Nightwalker. Then unzip Nightwalker into your SS2 directory. If you still have the problem, uninstall SS2 completely, reinstall, then go download the mod manager and use that.

Yep...Got to uninstall and reinstall if I want to play...I didn't have mod manager
so I followed the instructions and did it manually for Ponterbee...Maybe I'll try
downloading it if it will make things easier...Thanx!

6645779815a5aEnchantermon

6645779815ab4
No problem.
Yes, the Mod Manager does make things easier. Let us know if this solves your problem.

6645779815b54Tagappi

6645779815ba2
I downloaded it, played it in almost 4 hours :proud:. And Christines UNN Nightwalker is totally AWESOME!!! Dont know whats in Polaris!

6645779815c72ragnar-gd

6645779815cdb
Although it's only guesswork, I think I know why filefront deleted all your stuff. It was not there because of your lovely work, but because it was asked for by planet phillip. But planet phillip dropped all stuff but that from half-life x. And so christine's stuff (and everything from planet phillip that has been dropped) is now gone.
Can someone verify my thesis?

6645779815dd0ragnar-gd

6645779815e25
And played through as well. Christine, you rock! btw: Do you work on Version 3 of this and the third mod as well? Ponterbee V3 was a big improvement over 2, so you might think about it <begging> :-) ...
6645779815f91
Filefront was on the brink of being closed down. In fact they had a farewell message up. Then the original creators of the site bought it back last minute.

6645779816050happy hacker

664577981609d
Bravo Christine!

Yours and the production team's work is really fantastic......it rivals HL2 Metastasis FM as my favorite Mod for any game.

Im also a huge SS Universe Fan.....great job....

6645779816191superfod

664577981630b
I am totally lost in trying to get into the fuel area. Please can someone help me out. Game is awesome as are all of the other mods made by Christine.

Thanks

66457798163ddjohnnythewolf

Does anyone know how to get the code for the security room on Security (it looks like a camera monitoring room), next to the storage room where the maintenance access is? Also, is there something worthwile inside?

66457798164ffXedgeX69

i'm playing through this in once per month stages (i get one goof off half day per month at work). i'm in the engineering level ( level 1), and i've found the core overriders, but i don't have an email/note as to what the codes are. should i have one? i just don't know where to look, as it's been a month since i played last. any hints as to where i can find the 3 codes?
66457798166cc
XedgeX69:
Getting these codes is the overall main objective of this whole fun mission.
You'll have to go through the other levels to find them and once you've found them, return to engineering and use them to complete the fun mission. I believe there is one code on each level: Hydro, Ops and possibly Rec/Command (I believe you get sent to Command through Rec to find the third code). Where to find these codes inside the levels is up to you, but the storyline will usually guide you through.

I could be completrely wrong, since it's a while ago I've played, but this is what my puny memory brought up on this.

Doooom

66457798167e0Fironkkuify

I gotta say, Nightwalker was my favorite of the FMs.  In many ways, I believe that the Rickenbacker should've been designed to look like the Nightwalker (even though the Rickenbacker came first, but you get what I mean -w-; ).  It was very resourceful how the decks (save for perhaps decks 4 and 5) were designed to be completely different from what we've seen on Ponterbee Station or the Von Braun.  It fit perfectly with the idea of a linear and compact military vessel and it was also a tad bit more challenging (laser turrets in Engineering, MP and security bots in Cargo, etc.).

I also liked Captain Weber's character; it was nice for a change to have someone talking to you from time to time and rewarding you cyber modules like Polito did -w-.

66457798168dbM-22 AR

I have the same problem MD had. I reinstalled everything, applied the SS2 tool and installed the mod manager. I even tried Enchantermon's earth.mis file; still no luck.

Please help
6645779816a99
SS2_LarkSS_UNN-Nightwalker_NewDark-Addons.7z

Same style as Ponterbee Station, except I also included a fm.cfg file which gets around earth.mis not continuing past the first day by skipping it (works with multiplayer too).

FYI, I seem to have sporadic issues with this FM loading NVScript.osm properly (resulting in the non-progressing earth.mis problem as well as not being able to consume snacks). Just wanted to note that I get much better results when replacing NVScript.osm with the one from ADaoB v0.3.0.
« Last Edit: 27. January 2013, 04:23:03 by LarkSS »
6645779816b96
Thank you LarkSS. I'll add it to the first post. :)
6645779816ce9
In my haste, I left a lot of original files in my archive instead of replacing them with the rebaked maps. :( I've updated the link above with all of the proper files, as well as included an updated NVScript.osm which fixes various issues such as getting stuck on earth.mis and not being able to consume snacks (this problem may have only been prominent in NewDark).
6645779816dcb
Re-added in the first post as well.

6645779816ef8Seriousworm

6645779816f46
Okay, I've finished Ponterbee (awesome) and am now trying to finish this FM. However, I'm stuck.

I've just launched the escape pod on deck 3 and am now trying to launch the torpedo at deck 1. However, when I try to press the manual launch button in the first torpedo room ("1", the one near the main torpedo entrance), nothing happens. When I try to press the button in the second torpedo room ("2", the one after the twisty corridors), some torpedoes drop down to the tube and then explode in the launch tube.

Thanks!

[edit] SOLVED, the "1" button magically worked, it opened the outer torpedo door and launched a torpedo. Magic!
« Last Edit: 03. April 2013, 02:05:32 by Seriousworm »
A small problem... I used to love Nightwalker in the old days... but the Steam FM program is causing a bug that other users have experienced. I start in the jail cell on the Nightwalker, the "Day 1" graphic appears... and nothing happens. I'm trapped.

Have tried moving the "earth.mis" file from the mod folder to the primary folder without success. (Yes, of course I backed it up.)

Any hints/suggestions?

6645779817241voodoo47

update your NVScript, that should fix it.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Trioptimum executive Edward ____ (Fill in the last name):
1 Guest is here.
Berrick McCrae loads fabric into a dying contraption at the Carolina Cotton Works facility.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664577981885d