🔒 Game glitching out

1 Guest is here.
664815e16f174
Lion O CyborgQuote
After getting a new installer and patching, it seems to work fine and I've also updated my GPU again.

I had to move the files that were in the SS2tool backup folder back to the main folder to get the game to work as it needed Admin privilege to work and I couldn't set it to run as admin because the path had changed.

It seems to be OK just now with and without the mod. It still won't run with my GPU  without the patch but it seems fine now.

Domo Arigato.
664815e16f382
voodoo47Quote
it shouldn't be necessary to mess with the files manually, as this may bite you back later. why did you have to do it again? the game should work fine right out of the box (latest GOG install) and also after patching up (SS2tool), without doing anything else.

"still won't run with my GPU  without the patch" now I'm getting slightly confused - do you mean the tool?
664815e16f72e
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by Lion O Cyborg:
I had to move the files that were in the SS2tool backup folder back to the main folder to get the game to work as it needed Admin privilege to work and I couldn't set it to run as admin because the path had changed.
No part of this sentence makes sense. It sounds like you're just doing random things every time there's a problem and hoping that somehow fixes it.
664815e16f88f
KolyaQuote
The game does not need admin permissions.
SS2Tool only moves files to the backup folder that it has changed or replaced. It is not advisable to move them back, as you are undoing updates.
664815e16f9b4
Lion O CyborgQuote
The game exe wouldn't run at first due to needing admin privileges but since the path was different due to them being moved to the backup folder, I couldn't set the properties.

I just copied the files from the SS2 backup and didn't cut them. I didn't copy the files that were already in the SS2 main folder but I don't know if that helps.

Doesn't seem to have affected it badly though as it even runs SCP now simultaneously with Rebirth without the blackness glitch.

What I meant was that the vanilla game without patching it with SS2 tool is the one that doesn't run with my GPU, the patched one does run with the GPU, with or without mods.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact