🔒 Game glitching out

1 Guest is here.
66484685398e9
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by Lion O Cyborg:
The game exe wouldn't run at first due to needing admin privileges but since the path was different due to them being moved to the backup folder, I couldn't set the properties.
None of this makes any smegging sense. The updated SS2 exe should not require admin rights to run. What path? What is "them"? The location of a file has nothing to do with setting its properties.
6648468539a28
Lion O CyborgQuote
When the files were moved to the backup folder, their location path i.e. where you click to get to them had changed slightly and this confused the computer when I tried to set the properties.

The desktop shortcut was defaulted to the "start.exe" application of the new GOG build which was one of the files moved to the backup. That was the one that "needed admin rights to function properly" as Windows 10 told me. I guess I should have replaced it with a shortcut to the actual Shock 2.exe instead.

It doesn't really matter as the mods seem to run OK with the shortcut just now since the fix.
6648468539b81
KolyaQuote
Again, the game exe does not need admin rights.
SS2Tool moves the old shock2.exe into the backup folder and puts a new better shock2.exe where the old one was. You just need to run the new one.

If you want shortcuts, SS2Tool can create them for you in the Start menu and on the desktop. Delete the old shortcuts.

If you encounter problems then tell us. Don't just copy around stuff.
6648468539d92
OlfredQuote
Probably some compatibility options enabled. They make it so you get asked for admin rights
6648468539eb5
voodoo47Quote
still not making much sense, but as he used the latest GOG build, both of those exes should be 2.45, so the game will probably work ok. but one way or another, moving files around manually is not recommended unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact