🔒 SS2 Tacticool Weapon Replacements with hand model

1 Guest is here.
6647092fae3bf
Filibuster RhymesQuote

Quote by Join usss:
Brilliant! Only one question: Is there an animation for the cocking of the shotgun?
Thanks! Negative on the cocking. Like I said, I don't have any modeling or animation talent. I really just dicked around with it until I got it looking half-good.

Quote by Kolya:
There seems to be some UV problem with the sleeve close to the AR.

Quote by RocketMan:
Another easily fixable issue is that the hand model does not use gouraud filtering.  You can see the lines between polygons.  That's an easy fix though in the import front-end.
No idea how to fix that. I actually tried to replace the textures for the arm, but whenever I'd edit it and save it, the black would be transparent in game.
6647092fae77e
Join usssQuote

Quote by Filibuster Rhymes:
Thanks! Negative on the cocking. Like I said, I don't have any modeling or animation talent. I really just dicked around with it until I got it looking half-good.

Can we expect more dicking around? R & R & R's sexy EMP rifle/s could do with an extra arm.

And what of the one handed weapons? There will now be inconsistency as Archiac's arm model looks higher quality and has darker texture (the sleeve). I suppose it doesn't matter, there already is an inconsistency since Mercurius only applied his talents to half of the weapons.

Still, if you care for it I'd love to see an arm for the EMP rifle. :)
6647092faeb6a
KolyaQuote

Quote by Filibuster Rhymes:
No idea how to fix that. I actually tried to replace the textures for the arm, but whenever I'd edit it and save it, the black would be transparent in game.
The first colour in the colour palette will appear transparent. Set it to pink so you don't use it accidentally. Or use a PNG. I'm not quite sure what the process is then, but it should be enough to replace the GIF texture with a PNG as long as NewDark is used.
6647092faf037
Filibuster RhymesQuote

Quote by Kolya:
The first colour in the colour palette will appear transparent. Set it to pink so you don't use it accidentally. Or use a PNG. I'm not quite sure what the process is then, but it should be enough to replace the GIF texture with a PNG as long as NewDark is used.
I never would have guessed that. I'll give that a try, thanks.

Quote by Join usss:
Can we expect more dicking around? R & R & R's sexy EMP rifle/s could do with an extra arm.

And what of the one handed weapons? There will now be inconsistency as Archiac's arm model looks higher quality and has darker texture (the sleeve). I suppose it doesn't matter, there already is an inconsistency since Mercurius only applied his talents to half of the weapons.

Still, if you care for it I'd love to see an arm for the EMP rifle. :)

I tried the EMP rifle, but the textures don't compile with it properly. I've noticed that most are .gifs while the EMP rifle has a few .bmps. I've tried them as .bmps and converting them to .gif, but this always happens. I saw that when compiling it from .3ds to .e, it changed the .bmp extensions for the textures to .gif. I tried changing them back before compiling to .bin, but no luck.
6647092faf340
OlfredQuote
afaik the extension described in the model doesn't matter.
You could go to the folder for the textures and just replace any gif with a bmp for example. There is some order for priority, but I didn't remembered it.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact