🔒 SS2 Tacticool Weapon Replacements with hand model

1 Guest is here.
6647039aa7e7e
voodoo47Quote

Quote by modders_notes.txt:
The priority order is as follows, where the first has the highest override priority:

.DDS
    .PNG
    .TGA
    .BMP
    .PCX
    .GIF
    .CEL
just use the png format for all textures and you will be fine. this will make the weapons incompatible with oldDark, but I wouldn't worry about that too much.
6647039aa839a
Filibuster RhymesQuote

Quote by Olfred:
afaik the extension described in the model doesn't matter.
You could go to the folder for the textures and just replace any gif with a bmp for example. There is some order for priority, but I didn't remembered it.

Quote by voodoo47:
just use the png format for all textures and you will be fine. this will make the weapons incompatible with oldDark, but I wouldn't worry about that too much.
Good to know, thanks. Tried it as .png, but it didn't fix it. For whatever reason, the top left of the texture is being applied to most of the rifle. I don't even know the first step on how to fix that.

I did whip up quick fix for the sleeve looking messed up, though. Just a bland, repetitive texture to cover up where it gets skewed on the model. Well, it's more like a rug to cover up the problem than a fix, but it at least looks better and kinda matches with the Rickenbacker's crew a little more.
Just drop it in "TC AR with hand\obj\txt16" and overwrite.
6647039aa8494
TrickyQuote
Great bit of insight there. I'm not sure why the lack of a hand never bothered me.. but now that I've seen these screenshots I know I won't be able to play the game without it.
6647039aa8702
OlfredQuote
It seems like you messed up the UV map at some point.
Which tools are you using?
You could also upload your file (3ds or whatever) and I can take a look at it.
6647039aa8822
KolyaQuote
I'm pretty sure it was messed up from the start, that is from Arcaniac's weapons pack.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact