🔒 System Shock Portable taken down - what now for the future of System Shock?

1 Guest is here.
664a91b4268d9
RocketManQuote

Quote by Djant:
If Night Dive actually funds a System Shock 3 that can be as good as System Shock 2...

If hell freezes over...
664a91b4269b9
RocketManQuote
damnit... post button error
664a91b426a8d
TheRealAnubisQuote
I'm okay with GOG, but I'd like to try the release the community worked on.  I just found this site, and of course I'm too late..  sigh...
664a91b426b5a
The ManyQuote
 The many believes it would have had far better chances of continued survival under OtherSide Entertainment. Atleast they have many of our original creators working within them.
664a91b426ce3
Yankee ClipperQuote
Most retail software is made because someone put up the money to hire the talent to develop and code the software. The people who actually do the grunt work of writing and coding the games we love to play just can't afford to work on a project in the hopes that it will sell and they can then get paid. They need that regular paycheck. And the people who put up the money so those checks can get written are doing something valuable. They are risking their money in the hope that they will profit and so things that would not otherwise get created do get created. This is something to be celebrated, not criticized. Just because the people that put up the money do not have the ability to write a fun game does not mean that they are to be denigrated for choosing to make a profit in that industry.

And if the people who originally put up the money decide that they would rather sell their rights to someone else, again, what is the problem. The new investor hopes to create new interest in the product and at the same time profit themselves. Everyone along the way who contributed to the game got paid at the appropriate time.

So, why are any of these people bad guys? Unless someone pulled some shady deal or cheated someone else out of what was due to them I don't get the hostility.
Acknowledged by 2 members: grinder, Dj 127

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact