🔒 System Shock Portable taken down - what now for the future of System Shock?

1 Guest is here.
664a54f874484
CarrotQuote
I agree with you on most points Yankee.  However, I do think that Kolya is still a little upset with how things went with Night Dive on SS2, and rightfully so.  They should have every right to sell the ORIGINAL game, but not the rights to take anything someone else has offered for free to the public and sell it.
Acknowledged by: Hikari
664a54f87493f
nemyaxQuote

Quote by Yankee Clipper:
So, why are any of these people bad guys? Unless someone pulled some shady deal or cheated someone else out of what was due to them I don't get the hostility.
They are not bad guys, they're just copyright trolls. The business started to smell fishy after this self-congratulatory piece, where you're led to believe that they did all the work on the engine and that the NewDark team didn't exist.
664a54f874b78
brethrenQuote
Did GOG ever end up giving credit for the user mods installed in their SS2 release?
664a54f874c97
HikariQuote
Wait. So nightdive has everything. The Trademark and Everything to the whole Shock Franchise? Not just digital distribution rights?
664a54f8750a6
unn_atroposQuote

Quote by Brethren:
Did GOG ever end up giving credit for the user mods installed in their SS2 release?
They did: http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_system_shock_2

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact