SS2 Necro Water

1 Guest is here.
6649c174b3442
ZylonBaneQuote
The archive seems to be missing a file. It's wanting to load an envmap "bluecube".

It's pretty good, but not what I'd call super close to the original Looking Glass water. This is an animated caustic effect, while the original is just two overlaid textures scrolling in different directions (albeit so fast and at such a low frame rate that you can barely tell that's what's happening).
6649c174b3661
voodoo47Quote
no such file ever existed anywhere as far as I'm aware. checked the mtls, I see no reference to bluecube (just bwatercube and gwatercube). //ah, I see it. looks like I've missed something. //heh, I actually like it better without the effect. attaching to this post for now, will decide what to do tomorrow.

and yeah, it's not super close, all I'm saying that from all the waters around, this one seems to fit the best.
6649c174b389e
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by bwatercube.mtl:
render_pass
{
texture tex/envmaps/bluecube
alpha 0.05
blend SRC_ALPHA ONE
uv_source PROJECTION
uv_mod SCALE 1 1
}

render_pass
{
texture $texture
shaded 1
}
6649c174b3953
voodoo47Quote
yup, see my last edit.
6649c174b3a47
Yankee ClipperQuote
Looks good! But... I think the problem with all the water mods (and with the vanilla game) is they all use the same water look for all the water. Whether it's an ankle-deep water leak in engineering, the inches deep water in hydro, the waist deep water in hydro, the swimming pool on recreation, etc. It all has the same color, cleanliness, and surface smoothness. If the water is tweaked to look best in one of those settings, it doesn't look quite right in the others.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact