📱 SS2 Alternate Start

1 Guest is here.
664938a92823d
BratmanntoffelQuote
Another awesome mod.
One question though. Is it possible to extend the in-game starting shuttle scene on station.mis just a bit so that it doesn't abruptly gets cut off?
Well, in a perfect world making the player unable to move for the scene would make sense too, if thats possible at all.. With all that we could imagine starting with the shuttle.
Alternatively if thats possible to let the player watch the shuttle and move in the hangar but maybe put the activator/tripwire when opening the door/going through? I know this might be much but it could help with immersion..

Also just maybe you might consider giving the player a psi-amp if possible, since you removed the first one in Med/Sci in your amazing SS2-RSD mod? Can be harsh to try Psi without one until the next one in Med/Sci2(?).
664938a9285cc
RoSoDudeQuote
Hmm, I could move the tripwire so the player hits it while moving through the door out of the initial shuttle bay. I don't know if that's better than just skipping after a split second, curious for different opinions on that.

As for an extra psi amp, that would kinda defeat the point I think. I like that in Alternate Start you really have to scrounge for equipment in the beginning. Once you get to Med/Sci 2 you have access to a psi amp so you just need to find a way past the recharger room turrets (you can just run past them if you know the sightlines) and you're good to go.
664938a928743
icemannQuote
See if anything I'd have preferred to have each of the training bits to be mini missions of say 10 minutes each (like the training mission competition we attempted here several years ago). More content rather than less preferred for me. That said if it was made an option somewhere (like a pop up on starting a new game asking if you wanted to skip that section) then cool.
664938a928a9f
sarge945Quote
Honestly, I feel like the whole character creation sequence could have been made significantly better if they just gave you 3 different station missions - one for each service branch - rather than the same layout every time. It's a small thing but would have helped a lot with immersion on repeat playthroughs and made each station feel different.

I like the shuttle bay room idea, it is definitely less clunky than running the map for a second or so. For an immersive start, it might be reasonable to add some sort of "depart" terminal in the area that takes you to Blackadder station and starts alternate start, OR you can do the 3 career choices as normal. This would let the player effectively decide if they want to do the alternate start or not on a given playthrough at the time, rather than having to explicitly decide to install or remove the mod beforehand.
664938a928de8
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by sarge945:
Honestly, I feel like the whole character creation sequence could have been made significantly better if they just gave you 3 different station missions
Lots of things can be made better when you have infinite time and budget.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact