[Obsolete] SS2 Unified & Revamped .mis mods v1.14

1 Guest is here.
66492df9cbff9
SalkQuote
I guess there are no plans for this modification to be updated with SCP?

If it's really menial work (just boring but easy) I might volunteer if some kind soul might give me right pointers (never modded SS2 but have some experience with Final Fantasy VII, Knights of the Old Republic and Baldur's Gate modding), otherwise I guess that people like me, vulchor, itsonlydanny and others will just have to settle for the no_spawn in the user.cfg file...
66492df9cc21b
voodoo47Quote
if you mean the original author(s), no, probably not.

if it's just retouching the levels, then yeah, that's grunt work, as long as you can fire up the editor and load a level, know how to move objects and modify their props, fix textures and brushes, and reprocess once everything is done, you are set and ready (rule of thumb is that if I can do it, pretty much anyone can). the SCP readme/changelog includes about 80% of such level changes, feel free to open it up and start reimplementing.

the gamesys is a completely different thing though - the changes were extensive, and the changelog is a mess. I could post it I suppose, so you would be able to import the most important fixes.
66492df9cc3b5
miracle.flameQuote
Although the changes required to incorporate spawning options and med/sci enhancements (the other two are already in SCP I believe) are quite extensive, I am pretty sure it is far less work than the other way around - incorporating all SCP changes into this. It was pretty long ago I was doing this but essentially I just took the original .mis files from the Zygo's Ultimate Spawn mod and Hi-Torque's Med/Sci Changes, loaded them in ShockEd along with ADAoB and compared the differences... Found out how it worked out and then just mimicked the changes. I remember there were quest traps that triggered destroying of all spawn points if the chosen spawn mode flag was set to value of NoSpawn for example. It was actually an easy grunt work to compare and mimic so anybody with fair intelligence could do it... go for it Salk, you have my blessings.
66492df9cc498
SalkQuote
Well, thanks... I will see what I can do. Right now I am also working on a modification for Baldur's Gate which is in Beta Stage but after that, I might try and see if I can tackle this...
66492df9cc56c
voodoo47Quote
had a look at the changes and additions, and, as SCP already has most of the improvements included in UR, I believe the easiest thing to do would be making a dml addon for SCP (and vanilla) that would control the spawning.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact