❕ SS2 Denoised Cutscenes

2 Guests are here.
Page: 1/6▶▶
6634de04d7900
ThatTextureGuyQuote
Inspired by: This post on the thief 2 forums, this mod takes the videos in the game, tenderly massages them using murderous positive cyberprocessing to generate larger, 30fps versions of the videos in game.
Because of 1st generation neural implants newdark engine limitations, the game cannot render video larger than 640x480, but there is still a visible improvement overall. I've also packaged the videos in HD if at some point newdark gets patched.
Videos are encoded in x264 format shoved into .avi containers, so the overall download is actually 40mb smaller than the original videos  :D

Download link: Google Drive

You'll want to make sure you make these changes to cam_ext.cfg to fix any in-game issues:

Code:
crop_movies
crop_movies 0 70 640 340
movie_sw_scale_quality 6

Let me know what you guys think :)
6634de04d7bbe
KolyaQuote
Right off the start let me say that we have gotten several offerings of scaled up and filtered cutscene videos over the years. And the general consensus has always been that short of a recreation in the dark engine you cannot gain quality on the original videos.
That being said, the effort is appreciated, especially since you had an eye on the file size, unlike many previous attempts. And I do see some denoising and significantly crisper fonts.
6634de04d7caf
ThatTextureGuyQuote
Thanks.
I know there isn't much room for improvement, but using a modern codec really helps with the block-o-vision from the originals. :)
6634de04d7f73
MarvinQuote
Definitely looks a lot cleaner. Now that video upscaling via neural networks is readily available, we might get even better results.

Edit: Nevermind, that was already done here.
6634de04d8091
ZylonBaneQuote
Took me way too long to figure out what deno-ising is.
Page: 1/6▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact