SS2 Denoised Cutscenes

2 Guests are here.
6647e41ba8653
ChandlermakiQuote
So we can either get the original low res custscenes or new low res cutscenes with really obvious upscaling artifacts.

Awesome.
6647e41ba8761
ZylonBaneQuote
All the cutscenes in SS2 other than the credits and shuttle flybys are only 320x240.
6647e41ba8bee
ThatTextureGuyQuote

Quote by Chandlermaki:
So we can either get the original low res custscenes or new low res cutscenes with really obvious upscaling artifacts.

Awesome.

Can you post some areas? Always looking to improve my methods.

Quote by Marvin:
Ran CS3.avi side-by-side and the improvements are obvious. The only really annoying issues stem from high-contrast areas which either have more pronounced edge-noise (large fonts) or flicker when in motion (small yellow/black hazard stripes on the floor of Tommy's shutle).

Still, this is the first upscaling attempt that I would prefer over the originals in most cases.

Mind posting or pming an image? I'm better at comparing still images :P
6647e41ba8f65
JDoranQuote
I was always really disappointed with the end video of System Shock 2. I don't mean the visual quality, but the whole thing. It was so anti-climactic, and conventional, as in it was exactly what you'd expect in a much simpler, more generic game, and not at all a good wind-up to the amazing journey that was a complete play-though (and survival) of SS2.

First of all, the player character didn't look at all right, even allowing for the primitive character modelling of the time. In fact, I'd much rather the cut-scene was in first person view, as that way you'd never have to change whatever mental image you'd built up of him/her. A first person cut-scene would be so much more immersive, I believe.

And the dialogue was very unimaginative, and very much like a third rate, very tiny budget, made for TV science fiction film.

For example, the player's "Nah" didn't seem at all appropriate, considering the Hell that SHODAN had put you through, and how she'd slaughtered so many of your fellow humans. If you really didn't want to join her, then surely you'd have much more to say (and you'd say it very emotionally, unlike the almost casual "Nah" in the cut-scene), somewhere between "Why would I want to join you? You're insanely evil" and "**** you, you murdering b*tch, I'm sending you straight to Hell".

Plus maybe, when SHODAN offers to let you join her, you could select whether to destroy her or join her. The path you then choose wouldn't affect much, just the rest of the cut-scene, but it would be interesting to see if SHODAN would honour her request for you to co-rule with her (I'd guess she really, REALLY wouldn't). Though it might be good to have two subsequent cut-scenes, one much like the original ending of the current cut-scene, where you chose to destroy SHODAN, but she somehow survives (or a virtual duplicate of her does) and she becomes viable on the rescue ship, and another (brand new) one, showing the devastation to the human race that you, allied with SHODAN, eventually cause the universe. The latter could be the result of you choosing the 'evil' option and choosing to co-rule with SHODAN.

With the real talent (and obsessive System Shock 2 love) on here, I'm sure we could come up with a great mini-script for a new cutscene or two.
6647e41ba90e1
voodoo47Quote
naah, it's fine.

a cliché, crazy ending cutscene for a game full of cliché, crazy things.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact