🔒 [Obsolete] SS2 Vurt's misc stuff

1 Guest is here.
664868499bdda
KolyaQuote
door_s1.bin uses sec1.pcx and sec2.pcx. That must be it.
664868499c01f
blaydes99Quote
Thanks Kolya, door_s1.bin will be punished.
664868499c0f9
Silver83Quote
Yeah, that's it!

But know that I finally see it ingame...it does not fit to the rest of the ships textures. Nothing else on the Van Braun is rusted...and the extreme amount of detail does not fit to the sleek walls....imo
664868499c228
ZylonBaneQuote
This touches on a fundamental problem that all SS2 graphical mods have to deal with-- Irrational dealt with the low resolution textures of the time by employing a very flat, clean, stylized visual aesthetic. It was a smart move, and is why the 128x128 corridors of the Von Braun still look tolerable even today. But it poses a problem for those of us who want to upgrade the textures. How do you make a flat, monocolored expanse of wall more detailed?
664868499c2ef
blaydes99Quote
Yeah, I suppose detail textures will have to suffice for a lot of these, and these could/would simulate depth and detail with additional render passes.

Still, making textures gleam and shine where appropriate goes a long way. The perception of detail is what seems to impress me, not always the detail itself. You can only stop and stare at textures for so long before it's time to play.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact