SS2 Vaxquis Vintage Song Remake v1.0 (music)

1 Guest is here.
6649d9aa61a52
Join2Quote
*Standing ovation*

Loved it  :thumb:

What is it a remix of?
Acknowledged by: Vaxquis
6649d9aa61b93
voodoo47Quote
so let me get this right - this is SHMUP, but better? if that's the case, we should replace the link in the mod guide.
6649d9aa61c8d
KolyaQuote
I would like to hear some opinions from people who used this mod.
6649d9aa62089
VaxquisQuote
@Join usss!
Jazzin' All Night [ http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=168624 ]; I'm giving full credits for the original version to Stephen Hemstritch-Johnston (FearOfDark); I mailed him before doing it and he said "OK". I found the hook riff in the original version superb, but drums, pads and editing/samples lacking, clearly hinting the piece was made with tracker software - so I got my tools up and running and came up with this upbeat funk remix.

@voodoo47
yup, that was the idea; I'm open to peer review of the quality of my edits, but, speaking for myself, I find it more strictly adhering to the original "feel" of the tracks, and I find the original "feel" fantastic, without any need to change it by reckless editing.

@Kolya
I would like that myself... especially for some people to a) compare vanilla/SHMUP/VSR samples out-of-the-game (regular listening test), b) compare them in-game, especially upbeats (I've done a short playthrough and everything seemed to be working alright, but some testing is always nice). I've provided some samples for comparison in the zip, but they were specifically chosen to show the most of the difference - and because I don't want anybody to be too heavily biased by them, I'd be grateful for "full sanity check" of the mod. Any volunteers to meet/beat SHODAN *yet again*?
6649d9aa6231d
SchattenQuote
If you or anybody else wants to redo/update SHMUP, by all means, go ahead. I don't see myself coming back to it anytime soon, too many RL and other distractions to count.

In other news, I'd never thought I'd stumble upon FearOfDark outside of the chipmusic scene. Heh.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact