SS2 Vaxquis Vintage Song Remake v1.0 (music)

1 Guest is here.
6649e051e634c
VaxquisQuote
@Schatten

Good to hear from you! As to FOD, well, I've stumbled upon him because, frankly, I *was* on the 8-bit/chip scene for a short while myself (quite a long time ago, since it was about 10 years back from now); I've been trying some compos of the era (Barwars mainly), making chip samples (I've recently switched to building real analog BJT/op-amp/555 synths and sequencers, as a side note) - and even in DnB I still love the sine bass, saw leads and square chirps.
6649e051e6628
unn_atroposQuote
Is there a high quality version of the Intro music (military, science, consumer)?
Because in the SS2-E3 trailer (http://www.sshock2.com/ss2mmdb/movies.htm), there is no background music for the advertising speaker, which means that a higher sound quality for Muzman's Cutscene could be made.
6649e051e692f
VaxquisQuote

Quote by unn_atropos:
Is there a high quality version of the Intro music (military, science, consumer)?
Because in the SS2-E3 trailer (http://www.sshock2.com/ss2mmdb/movies.htm), there is no background music for the advertising speaker, which means that a higher sound quality for Muzman's Cutscene could be made.

By "Intro", do you mean "Intro", "CS1" or "CS2"? AFAIR, BGM from CS2 is one of the SS2 songs, the others ain't there - but, in any case, remixing music for cutscenes is somewhat impossible, for a bunch of reasons; mainly: little application, no source data, no apparent quality gain for a regular player.
6649e051e6a55
VaxquisQuote
@Schatten, I got this from FearOfDark a couple of days ago:
[...]good job on the remix - sounds great so far. Much better than the original (it's a very old module file released in my "Early days" as a module musician) :)[...]Kind regards,Steve (aka FoD)
- he's alive and kicking, he set up a SoundCloud a while ago, and is still "in the business".
6649e051e6c08
KolyaQuote
A while ago I asked Schatten about his opinion on Vaxquis' mod, because I wanted an informed opinion. I will summarise the points he made in his emails here in English for those interested:
He confirmed that the SHMUP ambient tracks had unequalized volume and praised the 'new' upsamples for their good equalizer work. He also made it clear that Vaxquis' mod is generally closer to the original sound and contains breaks/parts that SHMUP does not have. While he understands the liking for a vintage sound, he prefers a broader midband for the rock tracks and recommends to users to test a mix of Vaxquis ambient + SHMUP rock tracks and see what they like.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact