Topic: GMDX: Deus Ex Mod. Read 162158 times  

« Last Edit: 24. July 2017, 09:00:05 by Join usss! »
Re: GMDX v5 Release (Deus Ex Mod)
6634e87d80b57
Great! Downloading now, thanks.
6634e87d80f33
Congrats! :)

Is there a changelog with all the fixes from the last version?

Edit: Okay, there is, but only from v4 it seems.
« Last Edit: 02. April 2014, 18:07:40 by Marvin »
6634e87d81194
Thanks.

Yeah I need to make some changes to the changlog for clarity.

Since you last played through here are some notable changes:

-1 new weapon.
-1 new Skill.
-1 new augmentation.
-New GEP gun functionality (3 options: Half-life-like laser guided, Invisible war-like remotely guided, or just normal rocket launcher point n shoot).
-A focus on the handling and feedback of weapons to make them "feel" more beefy: Increased camera shake, new sounds and improved ballistics impact efects (as seen in this 1 minute video).
More changes to AI: AI react faster to sound events so they can not be easily exploited. AI react to stealing in appropriate places, and not always with hostility.
-More level design improvements.
-More vanilla bugfixes.
-Further balancing efforts for everything weapon, skill and augmentation related.

It was about four months ago since you played if I remember correctly so it's not a absolute ton of changes, but four months of solid hard work. Oh and plenty polish based on your extremely helpful feedback, so thanks again for that. The GEP gun functionality is because of you pointing out the removal of GEP gun lock-on/auto-aim conflicts directly with it's name (doh), so we gave it new, better kind of guiding systems (which admittedly need a bit more work and will have to be updated in a patch but it works as you can see in one of the promotional videos).
« Last Edit: 02. April 2014, 21:29:41 by Join usss! »
6634e87d812d5
The GEP gun really surprised me, I had no idea you could do something like that with DX. Or did you manage to steal that one from Unreal Tournament? :)
6634e87d814cf
Nope. All fresh code. My partner is a beast. I want this mod to have even smarter AI, better reload anims, dismemberment (not excessive), and all sorts. There are so many possibilities but it's just me now. I conceptualize all the design, and know the editor well, and can do some low-level coding, my partner does/did the advanced coding but he is unfortunately no longer on the team. I have considered putting a request out for animators, programmers, modellers etc but I doubt anybody would come forward since the community is a graveyard and I need a break from modding anyway, but I hope to return to the mod some day. The mod already does a ton of stuff but I want it to be HUGE. Unfortunately I doubt that will ever happen because there just isn't anybody about, and I am strict with the design so whoever joins the team would not have much freedom; mostly be following orders without pay, which sucks unless they have a desire to make such features a reality/have confidence in my design decisions.
« Last Edit: 02. April 2014, 22:24:28 by Join usss! »

6634e87d815e0Drone-Dragon

6634e87d81630
As soon as I can get around to it, I'm gonna give this a try asap. I'd do it sooner, but Fallout 3 with the Wanderer's Edition mod in it has me in its grasp ;) .

I look forward to seeing how you implemented the stealth skill, as I had reservations about it. I'll start a new game when I can pry myself from the capital wasteland. Looking forward to trying it! 8)
6634e87d81bbf
Great! Downloading now, thanks.

I look forward to seeing how you implemented the stealth skill, as I had reservations about it. I'll start a new game when I can pry myself from the capital wasteland. Looking forward to trying it! 8)

Have fun :)
6634e87d81cfc
Whoops, Low-level code is machine code such as assembly, I didn't know it was also referred to as "low-level".
I meant I am a bit of a noob with programming; I can write basic functions, switches, loops, objects etc, and understand the hierarchy of OOP. My passion and skills lie elsewhere but learning the basics of programming was a necessity to be used in conjunction with design.

Any feedback for the mod?
« Last Edit: 07. April 2014, 08:35:28 by Join usss! »
6634e87d81e27
I remade the augmentations video to be more marketable. watch-able, "lite" for those that have not seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR8tEeQ0Txo
6634e87d81f6f
Well, next to no feedback for this latest, most complete release...from pretty much anywhere, just one bug report from players even (I'll take it as a compliment; the mod has few bugs), but here is a review from Marvin of this forum: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/reviews

6634e87d820bfvoodoo47

6634e87d8210f
just go to TTLG and ask XModule999 to test it out for you, pretty sure he'll be able to find one trillion of bugs.. in the starting area.
6634e87d821f3
Context please? I am not a TTLG member.

6634e87d822a0voodoo47

6634e87d822ea
he is a no.1 TFix fan with an uncanny ability to find bugs and anomalies everywhere, and report them in a way that would be considered somewhat annoying by most people.
6634e87d823c9
Release the lions! Or lion. Fixing bugs is annoying but these games deserve near-perfection ;)
6634e87d82667
The GMDX team is still in need of two complex but very short animations for a kick melee attack.

About the animations.

-Two animations: one a standing kick, the other a jumping kick, both from the first person perspective.
-Must utilize the HDTP JCD model. The files are good to go.
-Vertex animation method, unless bones is possible (previous attempts by three separate animators have failed).
-approximately 1.5 second long sequences, tweaking obviously required to get it to look just right.

I am not an animator/3D artist (obviously) so some things have to be left to the artists/animators discretion.

For an example of what the result is intended to be, check out the standing kick from Brutal Doom, but obviously it wouldn't be a sprite-based animation, and without the excessive gore.

Intended functionality of the kick mechanic:

-Used with a dedicated button, i.e you will not have to "equip" the leg, you can kick at any time just like a real human, barring conversations and cutscenes of course.
-Will be a weak non-lethal attack, but can be upgraded with a new lower body combat strength aug which significantly increases force exerted and damage output. If upgraded becomes a lethal attack.
-Player can kick doors open under certain conditions: they have to be unlocked, have the suitable texture type (wooden), and whatever else that is required to get it to work in a simulated/realistic manner. With the lower body combat strength aug damage is increased so you you will be able to break doors also with high powered kick just like you can with normal (upper body) combat strength.
-Player will be able to kick objects around. (adapting code from GMDX's improved microfibral muscle).
-Due to localized damage already present in DX, jumping and kicking NPCs in the head will result in more damage, which obviously will reward more skilled players.

Obviously there will be plenty more minor details that I won't bother listing here because nobody will actually care about the finer details until they are in the game. From the potential animator however only two sequences are wanted.

Just imagine kicking MJ12's ass nonmetaphorically!
« Last Edit: 30. May 2014, 07:36:46 by Join usss! »
6634e87d82775
Playtesters needed for GMDX v5.1. Not a huge update, but testers are needed primarily for the new user-friendly installer courtesy of ggrotz. If you plan to play GMDX soon and don't mind reporting any errors you find then post here or PM me.

6634e87d82809voodoo47

6634e87d8285a
I'd love to, but the time required just isn't there..
6634e87d829c8
Maybe if you hurried up with SCP :p It was "coming very soon™" almost a year ago now...

6634e87d82a73Primitive Primate

6634e87d82abe
It takes time to perfect the already perfected.

6634e87d82e9dZylonBane

6634e87d82f05
Maybe if you hurried up with SCP :p It was "coming very soon™" almost a year ago now...
The first 90% took 90% of our time. The last 10% is taking the other 90% of our time.
Acknowledged by: Primitive Primate

6634e87d8317avoodoo47

6634e87d831d9
lol.

6634e87d8328bPrimitive Primate

6634e87d832de
Did I say something funny?

6634e87d83541System Shocked

6634e87d835a1

Your perfectionistic comment was perfectly presented.
1 Guest is here.
And behind this is the horizon of earth.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6634e87d836dd