SS2 Shard Hybrid

2 Guests are here.
Page: 1/8▶▶
6644dd7586b6a
voodoo47Quote
Tags: °mesh °SS2 °dml

Load the mod with the modmanager, and you need to activate it before entering ops for the first time for this to work. Then either trigger an alarm, or kill the pre-placed AIs in the level and wait for the random spawning to kick in (or open the console and type summon_obj og-shard to receive thine pounding right away). The hybrid shard is unlootable for the moment (will probably stay that way), lootdrops are same as the pipe hybrid, plus a chance for a large beaker to promote the worm guns a little (also, a grenade hybrid now may drop a small beaker, because why not). The shard hybrid has 24 hitpoints just like the shotgun hybrid, and hits HARD.

SS2tool patched install required, the Rebirth version also requires Rebirth to already be active.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi5Cj8AXCF4
6644dd7586d67
VegoraptorQuote
It has been a while since my last play-through, but wasn't there a log about how frail the shards are?
Maybe you could make them shatter (or just despawn with a glass-breaking sound) a few moments after the hybrid hits the ground, something something psionic stabilization field collapsing after death, to keep the immersion up if you can't collect them.

And yes, they do hit hard.
6644dd7586f01
JMLQuote
I second @Vegoraptor 's suggestion concerning the glass shattering sound when the hybrid drops. Tells the player that it's kaputt. Nice idea on the shardhybrid, thanks vodoo. Maybe make them spawn only at a 5 % rateor do, since shards are supposed to be rare.
6644dd7587063
voodoo47Quote
the idea comes from Secmod, though the implementation is completely different. also, this is actually something I wouldn't mind including in the main build of SCP - the existence of shard hybrids is hinted/confirmed in at least one log, so they definitely are canon to the SS2 universe.

the fragility mentioned in the log is an inconsistency we will have to live with (we can duct tape it with something like "he had a small/incomplete shard not doped with germanium so it was fragile, unlike the fully grown shards which are sturdy") - not planning on doing anything fancy like shatter the shards once the hybrids are slain, it would be just weird and also pose a technical problem (solvable, but still).

the current upload is basically just a techdemo, meant to test whether all the dml gears turn as they should, working this into the game in a balanced fashion will come later, but I'm thinking basically replacing all pipe hybrid spawns on ops and higher with shard hybrids - surprisingly, that would make them quite rare.
6644dd7587170
ZylonBaneQuote
Veto on SCP inclusion. That would be a Major Change to the enemy design.
Acknowledged by: icemann
Page: 1/8▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact